0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Remove account?

Jump to solution

Change user name I can do that

Remove account which 1 the forum's or your McAfee product account

If forums I can deactivate the account and request the admin to remove it with McAfee product account customer service can do that

Services and Support for Home and Office

0 Kudos
radlkel
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok

Pls change my username to some random (6 chars) username.
"radlkel" for instance.

Thank you for your fast and interesting reply.

I found it a little surprising that the options a and b were not available to users since McAfee is a security company.
I was thinking about the possibility to delete the account totally, not de-subscribe to some groupe or something like that (which should, obviously also be optional to the user).  I don't want to delete the account at this time. The reason for my question b is that I found it supprising that there was no option to delete the account.

best regad

radlkel  

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

I will change it in a minute to what you suggested. In 12 years here there never has been that option  and as you see it is easy ask and it shall be done . the forum has some bugs at this time and logging out after you exit teh browser is a big 1. name changed and I will pass your comments up the line we volunteers have little sway.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Done

0 Kudos
radlkel
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thinking about it the reason I assume the name change is monitored by a mod or higher is we could get some users creating a suitable name and changing it to a not so good one after we check the joining name. Only a guess and I have passed the idea to the admin.

0 Kudos