cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcbrent
Level 7

How secure is this site?

Jump to solution

I have been spammed in my McAfee Account Message center by a prostitute. Now I am wondering just how secure McAfee and this site really is...

Quite surprising.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How secure is this site?

Jump to solution

We apologise for the inconvenience.  That user name along with 3 aliases all from the same IP address, which places them in Dakar, Senegal, have been banned as has the IP number to stop fuirther attempts at joining from that area.

The Moderator/Administrators monitor new members several times daily.  Unfortunately these people seem to creep in  when we aren't looking, but we always catch them in the end.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/05/11 2:17:31 EDT PM
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ConorD62
Level 12

Jump to solution

Anyone can set up an account,

Anyone can hide.

0 Kudos
jcbrent
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good point... I forgot that anyone can set up an account... I thought this was based on a product purchase...

How depressing...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

We apologise for the inconvenience.  That user name along with 3 aliases all from the same IP address, which places them in Dakar, Senegal, have been banned as has the IP number to stop fuirther attempts at joining from that area.

The Moderator/Administrators monitor new members several times daily.  Unfortunately these people seem to creep in  when we aren't looking, but we always catch them in the end.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/05/11 2:17:31 EDT PM
0 Kudos
jcbrent
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank  you, and thank you for the location of the IP Addresses, this is good to know and helpful.

Message was edited by: jcbrent on 5/25/11 1:21:42 PM CDT
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Of course all the IP address location means is that the server they were using is there, probably a leaky one that spammers are taking advantage of.  The actual perpetrator could be anywhere.   The glories of this electronic day and age.....sigh...!

0 Kudos
jcbrent
Level 7

Jump to solution

spam.JPG

0 Kudos