cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayton
Level 17

Error message when trying to post

This screenshot has two messages on it, The one I am drawing attention to is the one at the bottom of the screenshot. The one at the top is a simple flood-control message and this is the first time recently that it has appeared  (flood control has been Off for a while). The other one I have seen a number of times but have been unable to grab a screenshot in time - it appears briefly then disappears. It seems to appear randomly and rarely shows twice for the same posting attempt.

Has anyone else seen this?

content could not be saved.PNG

0 Kudos
21 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Error message when trying to post

Yes  - just when I went to reply here.   Of course I then had to log in again.  Maddening.

Hayton
Level 17

Ruddy Paint (mutters under breath) the ratios are all wrong. I never had this with the old version. I'm going to send this over to XP and see if it does it there

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If you are in any OS from Vista upwards look for the Snipping Tool in accessories...very useful.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Halle ruddy leuia. Got it at last. I managed to do it in XP after several attempts. Paint in Windows 7 gave the saved image a highly generous amount of whitespace in all directions. Most of what was in the picture block was extraneous. Anyway, the OP now has a proper screenshot so you can see what I was talking about.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I use Paint for full prtscn/sysrq only and Snipping Tool for everything else.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hayton,

That message that you need to wait a few minutes comes from the spam deterrent I setup. The orange bar on the bottom shouldn't pop up, but I think that's a default system notification when a post fails. It shouldn't actually log you out. I can't discuss the details of our spam deterrence here, as this is an open space that a potential spammer could see. Feel free to email me directly if you'd like.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

"The one at the top is a simple flood-control message"

No further details necessary

"The one I am drawing attention to is the one at the bottom of the screenshot"

I keep seeing it which means the posting attempt fails for an unknown reason. Possibly, just possibly, the two messages are connected.

Feel free to email me directly if you'd like.

Probably not necessary. I will continue to monitor this and if the second message only ever appears in conjunction with the first then I'll make a note to that effect and close this thread.

0 Kudos
willsonlebig
Level 11

Hello Hayton,

I have already been confronted to this error like you.

I notice that this error appears when you enable the ''stay connected'' option at logon

So when the ''stay connected'' option is selected you do not have next time to fill your user name and password.

But even if you are automatically connected to McAfee Communities, you will get this error message  when you click ''answer''.

I  think, it is an issue with this new version of McAfee Communities.

Hayton
Level 17

I've seen this again this morning and it appears to be a message about posting too soon after a previous post. I get the same pair of messages. What I'm waiting for is a posting error that brings up only the second message, the one at the bottom of the screen.

0 Kudos