Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Why is registration so difficult?

Jump to solution

The Quick Setup wizard and the Technical Support page on the firewall both point to mysupport.mcafee.com. But I need a grant number to open an account, but don't know where to get that. I could understand if there was a need to register a product, and in so doing would need to create the account, but this seems impossible. Am I missing something in how to do this? Its frustrating to now have to call customer support in order to get an account opened.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rcamm
Level 13
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why is registration so difficult?

Jump to solution

You need to go to

http://my.securecomputing.com

and register your unit via the serial number. This will then provide a Grant ID you can use.

7 Replies
rcamm
Level 13
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

You need to go to

http://my.securecomputing.com

and register your unit via the serial number. This will then provide a Grant ID you can use.

Mike
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Great, but why doesn't the firmware link point me there, or why isn't there a link on the McAfee registration page to that page? And why couldn't someone on Customer Support tell me that, rather than giving me a phone number to call? The McAfee takeover happened a while ago...this is getting really frustrating.

Jump to solution

Ah. That would be because we got over-eager in excising 'securecomputing' links and pointed the registration link at the wrong site. Looks like the test was updated along with the link so it didn't get caught by anybody. Well found. Will be fixed in 4.0.6

We're working on getting a McAfee domain URL pointing at the registration site. my.securecomputing.com will be kept alive indefinitely of course.

There is a surprisingly large amount of stuff to change over. The stated aim is to phase things in at a measured pace to avoid disruption - both internal and external.

Cheers

Tom

Jump to solution

I need to find where to enter my registration number ascp

rcamm
Level 13
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

I've been able to get my grant number, but when trying to use it to register an account so I can access the KB it doesn't work. I've tried it in a lot of varying forms.

rcamm
Level 13
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

You will need to conatct our Customer Service, directly or via Support.

Customer service is an option when you dial your local Mcafee number.