cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Firewall Enterprise Control Center trial how?

About 2 months ago I tried to sign up for a trial here http://www.securecomputing.com/webform.cfm?id=203&skey=1766&ref=skey181 3 times with various email address (just in case it was a problem) but never heard back from McAfee. I even tried to ring up the 'sales' (sounds more like for consumer products) line here in Aus and spoke to a guy that direct calls, and was told to go to the above page to sign up as there was no other way!

Still hasn't had anyone get in contact with me (what written on the sign up page for the trial). Bit hard to give McAfee product a try when you can't even get someone to talk to you!

Any idea how I can get myself a trial version? We don't have a account with anyone that push McAfee products.

6 Replies
rcamm
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Firewall Enterprise Control Center trial how?

I can only suggest that the information on the page would be the best advice.

"If you wish to expedite your request and get in contact with Secure Computing immediately, please call
1-800-379-4944 (option 3) or global at +1-408-979-6572."

I was thinking of calling the US but wasn't sure if they are 'open' during Aus bussiness hours.

rcamm
Level 13
Message 4 of 7

Yes, that may well be an issue.

if you find it is only USA hours, then calling early one Australia morning, say 7am ( EST ), should work.

Perhaps the UCC 2.5 beta release would suit your needs as far as product evaluation is concerned?

Its relatively easy to get from go.mcafee.com/utm (aka my.securecomputing.com).

I saw that but though I needed some key to trial it.

I have downloaded the zip file (ovf version) and imported into ESXi and started the VM but could not find any instruction on how to get to the admin interface? It is now sitting at the linux shell prompt.

rcamm
Level 13
Message 7 of 7

if you hit the enter key, or run the command

ifconfig

you should hopefully have an IP address to point your broswer to.