cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does TrueKey not send email verification notice when trying to put it on another pc?

I had a recent problem with logging on TrueKey (SR# 484570-2219086227) and that was finally resolved today.  However, when I tried to sign on another pc, truekey wanted verification and I repeatedly selected to send email, but no email is ever sent.  Help, again.

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why does TrueKey not send email verification notice when trying to put it on another pc?

​,

I think it is best to ask someone whom is a Expert in regards to TrueKey.

​  Could you please assist this customer?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: Why does TrueKey not send email verification notice when trying to put it on another pc?

Hi there,

I just saw this post, I'm guessing emails were delayed and probably timing out and that is why you are not getting them. Good news is that you can do the same verification by sending it to your mobile device, once you authenticate yourself on the mobile device you will be able to access the True Key account on that system.

I hope this helps,

Marc D.

Massive loophole there McAfee, not impressed.Smiley Mad

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

Can you please provide more details on this (plattform, secondary device, etc.), when you are installing True Key on another system/ device there should be a trusting concept in place in order to authenticate you so you can log back in on your True Key account on this new system.

Having said that, if there is a scenario where this is not being done, we would absolutely need to check it asap.

Thanks,

Marc D.