cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celtjim
Level 7

When using the True Key profile to initiate a login to a site, is it possible to have it open the site in Chrome rather than Edge?

Jump to solution

When using the True Key profile to initiate a login to a site, is it possible to have it open the site in Chrome rather than Edge?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: When using the True Key profile to initiate a login to a site, is it possible to have it open the site in Chrome rather than Edge?

Jump to solution

My 2 cents:

1) you need to ensure the True Key extension is both installed and enabled in Chrome, as catdaddy has said

2) you need to set Chrome as your default browser.  This way, when you click an asset (login) in True Key, it will open Chrome and then try to log you into that webpage.

Hope this helps.

Doug

3 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: When using the True Key profile to initiate a login to a site, is it possible to have it open the site in Chrome rather than Edge?

Jump to solution
  1. From your True Key Launchpad, click the Gear icon in the top right.
  2. Go to App Settings, and click the arrow next to Enable browser extensions
  3. Choose which browsers you'd like to add the extension to and then click Continue

You'll be guided through the quick steps to complete the process (they're a bit different for every browser). 

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

My 2 cents:

1) you need to ensure the True Key extension is both installed and enabled in Chrome, as catdaddy has said

2) you need to set Chrome as your default browser.  This way, when you click an asset (login) in True Key, it will open Chrome and then try to log you into that webpage.

Hope this helps.

Doug

celtjim
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks to you both. I spent a bit of time trying to get it to work on my laptop yesterday but was unsuccessful. When I looked at it on my desktop everything worked as you've explained here and now It's opening sites in Chrome. Haven't tried my laptop yet but I'm assuming after replication there it should work as well.