cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to log in to Truekey

Can you please advise why I cant connect to log in to Truekey through both PC/Chrome and iphone APP?

If the problem is known, when will it be resolved?

Are my passwords secure?

Posted Monday 28 June 2021 12:31

Please advise.

13 Replies
karthikeyan_J
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: Unable to connect to log in to Truekey

Hi @BillMarchant101 

We are truly sorry for the trouble caused. 

McAfee is aware of this issue and our Engg team is currently investigating on the root cause. Your information is secure and unfortunately we do not have an ETA as of now. But we will keep you informed as soon as we receive an update on the resolution.

In the meantime, please try to use True Key without internet to retrieve any password for instance.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

123Kai
Level 8
Message 3 of 14

Read my lips (or look onto screenshot): it - does - not work! There is no option offered for an offline-mode. Truekey is wasted and it is unbelievable that the McAfee-IT is not able to solve such high priority-issue!

Travlaki
Level 8
Message 4 of 14

Can't wait for them to fix this so I can get access to my passwords and move over to another provider.

Jim-Hill
Level 7
Message 5 of 14

Try clicking the login/connect button while the thing is spinning. When I did that I got the option to login w/o internet (login local).
Jim-Hill
Level 7
Message 6 of 14

Try clicking the login/connect button while the thing is spinning. When I did that I got the option to login w/o internet (login local). May work for you too.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 14

When I do this, you can connect to the app but have no access to the information. Just have the list of credentials, without password...

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14

Passwords are not retrievable in offline mode!

Throxy
Level 7
Message 9 of 14

@Former Member , what platform are you using to access True Key in offline mode?  I am accessing it using the Chrome and Edge extensions (both on Windows PC's), as well as using the True Key Android app.  I can retrieve passwords via all three.  I cannot create a new True Key login in offline mode, but I can at least get my existing passwords. 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 14

@Throxy With Advanced security set in TK, you cannot retrieve passwords on any platforms in offline mode... 😞

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community