cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Two step veerification

Jump to solution

How do you enter a phone number that is contacted for two-step verification?  I don't see anyplace to enter it and Truekey didn't ask.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Two step veerification

Jump to solution

Hi, I figured out the problem

. I am working with a Chromebook and an iPhone.  When trying to change my password I had to do two-step verification.  I chose my iPhone as the device of choice for verification.  After sending a message to my phone Truekey said to swipe my phone to verify.  I swiped here and there on the phone, nothing worked.  I repeated the process, nothing worked. So I thought Truekey had a wrong phone number for me and wanted to see what number was on file and how to correct it. Hence my question to you. What I found out later was that I had to start and log into Truekey on my iPhone and then within that app got the message to swipe to verify.  I hadn't opened Truekey on my phone (using the same account) and that is why swiping didn't work.  It makes sense now but Truekey could have helped by saying "Open Truekey on your phone and swipe to verify".  All the message said was "swipe your phone to verify."  Please make the instructions more clear for us dumbheads.  When doing the two-step with Google they say to " Open Gmail to verify."  When you open it asks if it is you doing the change and if yes, you are verified.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @daveygravey72 

Please follow the below KB regarding the Two steps verification

FAQs for True Key: Multifactor Authentication

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi There,

I would need to know a few things in order to answer this and know if this is supported by True Key.

First what is the device you are using this on, iOS or Android.

Also, how many credential fields are there and if you can send me a screenshot of the empty credential fields is even better.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi, I figured out the problem

. I am working with a Chromebook and an iPhone.  When trying to change my password I had to do two-step verification.  I chose my iPhone as the device of choice for verification.  After sending a message to my phone Truekey said to swipe my phone to verify.  I swiped here and there on the phone, nothing worked.  I repeated the process, nothing worked. So I thought Truekey had a wrong phone number for me and wanted to see what number was on file and how to correct it. Hence my question to you. What I found out later was that I had to start and log into Truekey on my iPhone and then within that app got the message to swipe to verify.  I hadn't opened Truekey on my phone (using the same account) and that is why swiping didn't work.  It makes sense now but Truekey could have helped by saying "Open Truekey on your phone and swipe to verify".  All the message said was "swipe your phone to verify."  Please make the instructions more clear for us dumbheads.  When doing the two-step with Google they say to " Open Gmail to verify."  When you open it asks if it is you doing the change and if yes, you are verified.

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community