cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_hunt
Level 7

Truekey copy-to-clipboard on IOS11

Jump to solution

I'm having an issue with copying-to-clipboard in the latest truekey on an iPhone with IOS11.

The password is copied as an object rather than a string, and will not paste into password entries, and when I paste into the "notes" app, it appears as a binary object, rather than a string.

As a workaround, I can edit the password entry, select the password, make it visible, edit it, mark all the text, select it and copy it. Then I can paste into password entries and "notes". But the amount of steps involved in that makes it very difficult to use. Any ideas? Is it a bug?

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Truekey copy-to-clipboard on IOS11

Jump to solution

For your information, we have submitted a hot fix to the App store (TK version 3.3.4) that should be available very soon, it should not take normally more than 4 days.

Thanks,

Marc D.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Can you assist here please

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

We have tested this functionality with IOs 11 beta 8 version and it worked as expected. Can you please confirm the exact IOs version you are running, the IO device and the True Key version running on this device?

Thank you,

Marc D.

0 Kudos
david_hunt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sure, Marc.

Here it is.

iOS 11.0 

Truekey version 3.3.2 

Description: "*** iOS 11 readiness ***"

I just confirmed by pasting a copied a few passwords (from TrueKey) into Notes, and they all went in as binary.

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

I also confirmed that the issue is on the ioS side. Apple is already aware of this copy/pasting issue. I would hope and expect that Apple releases a hotfix for this issue soon, but of course I have no visibility on their timeline to address this problem.

Thanks,

Marc D.

dlstar
Level 7

Jump to solution

Would be terrific if your tech support agents could get this coaching. I left a very painful thread with one who clearly doesn’t have updated data. Thanks!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I am sorry for that, I was kind of curious though if you seen the copy/pasting issue across your device outside of the TK, with other apps.

Thanks,

Marc D.

0 Kudos
david_hunt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

I did a test copying text from Facebook app, Twitter app, App store, Safari, pasting into Notes. All OK.

Only TrueKey is giving me the problem, but not when I view the password and copy it using select/copy. It's only when I use the "double square" icon to copy that I have a problem.

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos
ballyworkan
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is broken for me both on ios11 and the Latest truekey app from yestersay. Broken on both iPhone6 and iPad Air. All other apps copy and paste just fine. please fix this Quickly as I am stranded now. I will have to think about moving to another app if this isnt fixed by tomorrow

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Unfortunately Marc is out of his office until 9/25/2017. I suggest you contact Technical Support which is available 24/7 at no cost.  McAfee Consumer Support Portal

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos