cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dejudicibus
Level 7

TrueKey error in Event Manager: Data Source cannot be empty. Use :memory: to open an in-memory database

What is the meaning of this error and what can I do to fix it?

Log Name:      Application

Source:        TrueKey

Date:          30-Apr-17 10:22:11

Event ID:      0

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      XXXXXXXX

Description:

Failed to process session change. System.ArgumentException: Data Source cannot be empty.  Use :memory: to open an in-memory database

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Data.McBioSQLite.GetConnection()

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Data.McBioSQLite.StoreInServiceInfo(String key, String value)

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Common.McBioBCAService.DisableSpoofingMode()

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Service.OnSessionChange(SessionChangeDescription changeDescription)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredSessionChange(Int32 eventType, Int32 sessionId)

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="TrueKey" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-30T08:22:11.529973200Z" />

<EventRecordID>8652</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>XXXXXXXX</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Failed to process session change. System.ArgumentException: Data Source cannot be empty.  Use :memory: to open an in-memory database

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Data.McBioSQLite.GetConnection()

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Data.McBioSQLite.StoreInServiceInfo(String key, String value)

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Common.McBioBCAService.DisableSpoofingMode()

at McAfee.YAP.Service.Service.OnSessionChange(SessionChangeDescription changeDescription)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredSessionChange(Int32 eventType, Int32 sessionId)</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

0 Kudos
27 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: TrueKey error in Event Manager: Data Source cannot be empty. Use :memory: to open an in-memory database

I will attempt to contact a Lead Engineer on your behalf from the TrueKey Team.

​  Could you assist this customer please?

Due to it being the weekend,it may be tomorrow before he is available.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dejudicibus
Level 7

Re: TrueKey error in Event Manager: Data Source cannot be empty. Use :memory: to open an in-memory database

OK, thank you.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.1066

About True Key, I do not know. In the Program Files Folder there is a Intel directory and in that directory there is a True Key folder. The folder has a lot of subfolders but all of them are empty.

My understanding is that TrueKey was installed by the manufacturer of laptop, Lenovo. In fact my E570 has a sensor for fingertips.

I honestly have no idea what is TrueKey for (a security program, to my undestanding).

I am a little bit confuse. The error occurs in the Event Manager every time I startup.

I assume I have a license too since I purchased the PC from manufacturer, but I have no idea where to find it.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You can open your McAfee UI and click on Navigation/Features/and it should be listed if you have yet to install it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dejudicibus
Level 7

I was not able to find McAfee UI but I found TrueKey in Program folder. It is really strange: I had a TrueKey folder empty in Intel Security and a valid installation in TrueKey folder. Anyway, I tried to uninstall it to install it again, but when I press REMOVE it tells me to close the browser (there is no browser open) and then says "Oops, something goes wrong). I suspect the installation is damaged. Where I can find the license number?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You can right click on your Red McAfee Icon in the lower tray and open your McAfee UI.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dejudicibus
Level 7

I have no red McAfee icon there. I suspect only TrueKey is installed. And I cannot find a way to uninstall. And it is the McAfee version, not the Intel one. Just consider that such application was pre-installed in my system. Is there a tool to repair that installation?

0 Kudos
dejudicibus
Level 7

Well, really it is BOTH Intel & McAfee on the remove screen... :/ Even more confused

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I will page ​ to further assist you. He is a Expert from the TrueKey Team. You should be able to go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features and select it and remove it.

https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212870718-How-do-I-uninstall-the-True-Key-app-from-my-Win...

Then you can go to  https://www.truekey.com/  and Install.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dejudicibus
Level 7

I tried, but I get this message:

uninstalling true key.jpg

0 Kudos