cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

True key forces to use saved credentials

Hello, I recently purchased true key and it is a very good product, both for smartphones and desktop. Useful and fast.

But I have realized a big mistake that wastes a lot of time, I do not know if I am the only one who has this error.

It happens that when trying to log into any website with credentials different from those stored in my true key account, the plugin in chrome forces you to use the credentials saved for that site at all times.

That is, in the first instance, it automatically places the credentials, as it should be. But if you try to delete them and write new uans, this one after a few seconds will overwrite them with the credentials stored in true key.

It is something very annoying, since sometimes I have had to deactivate the plugin to be able to enter or use incognito mode.

I would like to know if you already knew about this error and if something can be done or just wait for an update 

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: True key forces to use saved credentials

Good morning,

Let me ask you a question first, is Chrome saving also your passwords, in other words, I never seen this to me it looks like a conflict between password managers, because with True Key it should never input the wrong credentials on a saved asset.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted

Hello!!

It is not that true key puts invalid passwords, neither does the chrome manager.

The problem is that if I want to log in with a different account, true key overwrites the email and password fields for which I have saved. If I delete them and try to put another email and password, it will overwrite them before I can log in

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Ok so a few questions:

1- Are you using the True Key desktop app or the extension (where launchpad opens only within the browser)?

2- Which True Key browser extension are you using (Chrome, Firefox or Edge) and what's the version of the TK extension?

3- When you say TK overwrites your credentials when you try to login with a different account,  are these assets/ logins all saved in your True Key account?

4- The issue you are seeing, is it happening with multiple accounts, example accessing a Gmail account and choosing from 2 or 3 different accounts to login?

5- Would you be able to do a quick video capture of this issue so we can understand exactly what's going on?

6- Please share the URL of the asset that is having the issue, also let me know if this issue is isolated to this URL only or is happening with other saved logins in your account.

Thanks 

Marc 

Highlighted

This is happening for me too. 

I am using the Edge browser, I have tried True key extension from both edge & chrome store.

Problem:

when a page requests login details True Key either fill it with saved login details (if there is just 1 login saved) or shows a menu of multiple logins to select from, this is fine. But when we try to type in a new password or if you try to scroll the menu of multiple logins it just refreshes it again.

Further Debugging:

I tried to check the network tab in dev tools while this refresh was happening & it appears that TK is re-loading every couple of seconds, here is a video to show the same. 

http://somup.com/cYXhh6IYEU

I have been using TK for 2 years & this was working fine, this problem appears in the last 3-4 days.

Please help & get it rectified.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Good morning and thanks for reporting this to us, I just want to assure you that we are aware of this issue that has been recently detected. We are working currently to release a fix that will address the different issues related to our instant login feature across different browsers True Key extensions.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Good morning,

Please check out True Key Chrome extension and let us know if instant login is now working as expected.

Edge True Key extension fix has been submitted to the Microsoft store, so as soon as it is approved you should get that as well.

Thanks a lot,

Marc D.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Good morning,

Please check out True Key Firefox or Chrome extension and let us know if instant login is now working as expected.

Thanks a lot,

Marc D.

Highlighted

Thanks, it works fine now. I have verified in chrome extension.
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for confirming this.

Have a great weekend,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community