cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Key

Jump to solution

I have a pass word saved for a site "firstbank.com" in true key and it works well, however I have another site that I need to go to that has the same name except it has a /extension on the end,  for instance. "firstbank.com /new site"  When I try to go to the new site true key signs me into the old site. How do I fix this??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: True Key

Jump to solution

Mark, I just stumbled onto the solution .  thanks for all your help.

5 Replies
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

If these are 2 distinctive webpages with distinctive credentials to login, you should edit the login, defining the specific Website URL that lands you to the page where you enter the credentials.

I think what is going on is that both sites have the same or very similar URL, but as I said previously, this can be manually edited.

Thanks,

Jump to solution

Mark, I think I understand what you are saying but I am not computer savy.  How would I modify the second web site so I can end up there?

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

No issues, ideally what you want to do is copy the exact website address, the page that will ask you for your credentials (username/password), now go back to your True Key app, go to where the logins are stored and edit the site login that needs adjusting, edit it by clicking  on the pen when you hover the login iamge with your mouse, in the editing page you will see the website URl, just replace that witht the one you copied and that should be the exact website address.

After that it should use the right credentials for this page.

Let me know if you have any more issues,

Jump to solution

Mark, I just stumbled onto the solution .  thanks for all your help.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad that issue is now resolved.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.