cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Key won't open

Jump to solution

After a reset of my Windows 10, I had to re-install the True Key app.  It installed correctly and shows in the Start Menu and as an add-in in Microsoft Edge.  When I try to run it from the quick launch bar or start menu but just flashes a window and never opens.  How can I get it to allow me to log in?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 11

Re: True Key won't open

Jump to solution

My apologies for not mentioning it in the earlier response. Please try doing this in a browser apart from Edge. Either in Internet Explorer or Chrome browser.

Regards

Farhan

10 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

​  Could one of you assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello Alan

Please go to https://www.truekey.com/download/  and install True Key again without uninstalling True Key that is currently installed. I had a similar issue on my Windows 10 machine a while ago and this did the trick for me.

Regdards

Farhan

Jump to solution

I can't re-install.  The link takes me to a download site, but that redirects me to the Microsoft store which says it is already installed and only gives the options to Launch or Share.  Launch shows the spinning circle  (ie waiting icon) for about 1 second and then nothing.

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

My apologies for not mentioning it in the earlier response. Please try doing this in a browser apart from Edge. Either in Internet Explorer or Chrome browser.

Regards

Farhan

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Farhan, our customer is running extension first with the Edge browser.

Ceresney, can you please try reinstalling the True Key Edge extension from the MS store, issue in this case might be related to the Microsoft extension.

if it is still not working you can go to truekey.com/onboard and try an alternative extension browser such as Chrome.

Thanksm,

Marc D.

Jump to solution

You are correct.  It seems like using the combination of Microsoft Edge and the Windows store does not install the complete application. Downloading from the link using Chrome provided the full installation process and the application now works correctly.

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

Glad that it is all working now.

Cheers

Farhan

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

Glad that you got it all sorted out    Could you kindly mark this thread/discussion as Correctly Answered/Solved as it will benefit others?

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

true key ne fonctionne  plus dans internet explorer !!!!!!!!! et dans edge c'est nul Smiley Surprisedbligé a chaque ouverture de recommencer toute la procedure ;

De plus dans edge par défaut true key se ferme au bout de 7 jours     !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c'est fou !! meme si la sécurisation est bonne je ne laisserais pas mes mots de passe ouverts à tout le monde pendant tout ce temps là !! 

C'etait parfait quand il ne fonctionnait que dans IE; Maintenant c'est ......................!