cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

True Key will not access Walmat or Sam's

Jump to solution

Walmart

The tag on True Key redirects me to the login page, but then nothing happens. No userid or PW is added.

Sam's Club

Userid and PW are added in the blocks, but Sam's has some words in the blocks that cause True Key not to work

I can log in to either of these sites manually with no problem

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: True Key will not access Walmart or Sam's

Jump to solution
Marc: Thanks very much for your reply. That makes sense.
However, the 2 sites I mentioned are 2 of the largest retailer sales companies in the USA and are international.
I can't imagine that I am the only one having these problems.
I do appreciate your answer. Regards, Dave

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 22

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I totally agree with you, give me until next Wednesday and I will find out on what's needed to get this fixed. Hopefully we'll get it fixed.

Best regards,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 22

Jump to solution

Good morning Dave,

As I promised, we investigated the issue with the Firefox browser and the True Key instant login feature for the 2 major websites you reported to us, here are our findings:

samsclub.com has an issue with their sign in page, this is outside of True Key, it would affect on any browser you use.

Firefox: walmart.com  security settings are preventing True Key to execute it's scripts in Firefox so we cannot we fix the problem.

Chrome: Walmart.com: this is indeed on our side, auto-fill is fixed but to completely fix the auto-login on this website, it would require some time, not sure of the timeline to get it fixed at this point, it has been added to our backlog.

Take care,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

21 Replies
Highlighted
Message 2 of 22

Re: True Key will not access Walmat or Sam's

Jump to solution

hi @Aviator-1

The website link should have been broken or may be incorrect. Kindly remove both the logins from true key and re-add them. 

Regards

@Bharani_BD 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had already done a delete and renew, but did it again on both sites with the same results.

On the Walmart link, I get to the login page, but then nothing happens. I can still login manually from that page.

On the Sam's Club site, the userid and the password are actually put in the proper blocks, but then redirects to a page showing 404 and error messages: "Not Found" I have tried several login URL's

The blocks on the Sam's site have words in each block (Email and Password respectively) that jump out of the way when the userid and password are posted.

I appreciate your response.

Regards,

Dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 22

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Just for your information, an instant login on specific websites like in your case are typically caused by a website content change that disrupts our instant login feature.

Sometimes, these changes are easy to fix on our side and other times it does require more work.

Nonetheless, if you right click on the True Key icon on the upper part of your browser, and choose the second True Key by McAfee you can click on "I wasn't logged in to this website" as this submits the website to us so we can review it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Marc: Thanks very much for your reply. That makes sense.
However, the 2 sites I mentioned are 2 of the largest retailer sales companies in the USA and are international.
I can't imagine that I am the only one having these problems.
I do appreciate your answer. Regards, Dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 22

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I totally agree with you, give me until next Wednesday and I will find out on what's needed to get this fixed. Hopefully we'll get it fixed.

Best regards,

Marc D.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 22

Jump to solution

Regarding your Walmart.com asset, I just tested it adding myself an account there and for me the first step of the instant login process which is having your credentials auto-filled is working, I do see nonetheless an issue where the second step which is the auto submit (where the enter is clicked on silently) is not being done.

So regarding to your Walmart asset, can you please confirm the URL you defined in True Key to be able to login in, I have set: https://www.walmart.com/account/login?ref=domain

Let me know, but for both sites, definitely the auto-submit is not working.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Marc:

Have just tried again from my desktop and my phone app.

The same thing happens. I get to the correct URL, but nothing else.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

The fact that it works for me to at least fill the credentials fields means that it is not an issue that everyone would experience at least for this step as explained previously.

Which browser are you using, can you use an alternate browser (Chrome or Firefox) and test this again?

thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Marc:

Using Chrome, it works to the point of loading my userid and PW. From there, I do have to click login (No big deal)

Using Firefox and my iPhone app, it does not work.

Is there anything I can do to get it to work on Firefox. I very rarely use Chrome.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community