cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Key unable to access to update

Jump to solution

I installed True Key on Dell Win 10 machine using Microsoft App Store

When I try to access True Key with my password although it is running I am unable to find a screen to log in

How do I access True Key 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: True Key unable to access to update

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Do you notice a True Key blue icon on the top right of your web browser (Chrome or Firefox)?

If you do you can launch it from there.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Re: Unable to Access Security Center

Jump to solution

Hi Marc D

Called your telephone support who decided that Live Safe shouldbe reinstalled, it came preinstalled from Dell incorrectly it appears.

Your support lady did it all remotely so no hassle for me and all resolved

Thanks for your help

BrianK

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Do you notice a True Key blue icon on the top right of your web browser (Chrome or Firefox)?

If you do you can launch it from there.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Jump to solution

Thanks it launches form  the True Key Icon

Only just changed to  Win 10 from Win 7 so a lot to learn especially as a mature user

Well past my sell by Date

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

The reason why you did not find it after the upgrade is because you were probably looking for a standard desktop icon but in fact your last True Key upgrade changed the way it opens, you now downloaded the True Key extension first which basically it means it lives only on your preferred browser and the True Key launchpad opens in the browser.

This True Key mode improves the speed and performance of your app.

If you run into any issues do not hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem I am unable to access the Live Safe Security Center, all I get when I open the McAfee Security either from  the Start Menu or the task bar is

McAFee Security.PNG

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Try accessing your account from this link: https://home.mcafee.com/secure/protected/login.aspx?rfhs=1

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Unable to Access Security Center

Jump to solution

I can access my account, I am trying to  get my PC to open  the Security Center so I can  change some of my settings

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

LiveSafe is not a browser app, you should be able to find it in order to launch it by doing a search on your Windows 10 desktop left bottom search box or within your icons on your desktop right bottom side by right-clicking on it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Jump to solution

Hi Marc D

Called your telephone support who decided that Live Safe shouldbe reinstalled, it came preinstalled from Dell incorrectly it appears.

Your support lady did it all remotely so no hassle for me and all resolved

Thanks for your help

BrianK

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Awesome Brian, glad that everything is now working.

Best regards,

Marc D.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.