Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strifek
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 26

True Key - "That did not work"

I have True Key on my Windows 10 PC with two factor-authentication. Whenever I open the app on my PC and type in my e-mail then password, it will take me to the the "Swipe on secondary device" VERY briefly (half a second) and then give me the message "That did not work". I do not get any prompts on my phone to swipe and I can not log in to True Key on my PC. What is the problem?

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as installing the extensions on different browsers with the same problem.

*EDIT* On my phone I can log in just fine using my fingerprint, I'm only having issues with my PC

25 Replies
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 26

Re: True Key - "That did not work"

It is indeed very strange what is going on here, what other browser extensions did you try?

Can you create a new True Key account on your PC and see if you get the same issue?

Please send me your account email address to truekeysupport@mcafee.com

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted
strifek
Not applicable
Message 3 of 26

Hi marcd,

Thanks for the fast reply. I've tried using Chrome and Edge but neither works. I created a new account and I can log into the new account just fine. Perhaps it's something conflicting with the 2-factor authentification? I will-email you with my account e-mail address.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 26

I will wait for this info, I will also research this, it looks indeed that the second factor authentication is crashing, were you the one that set that up at the beggining and did it work when you set it up?

I have ruled out an issue with your account since it works on the phone, it cannot be the client either since you have tried different browser extensions witht he same results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

RCM
Not applicable
Message 5 of 26

I have the same problem - I've been using two-factor authentification for some time but now the second step fails (immediately) and returns "That did not work"?

RCM
Not applicable
Message 6 of 26

by the way - authentification BY EMAIL just worked for me....

XeNz
Not applicable
Message 7 of 26

I have exactly same issue. I was really panic so I reinstalled a few time, by chrome extention, or firefox or resend a trusted device request on my email and without any succes.

Can we have any eta about what happen with trusted device and 2nd authentifaction. 

Same than him I can logging into my phone. Im just stress if I lost my phone.

Thank you for your support.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 26

Hi there,

Please let me know if you were able to sign in to True Key normally before and if yes did you change anything on your security factors?

What security factors do you have setup on your PC?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Phantom28
Not applicable
Message 9 of 26

Hi, 

I am having exactly the same problem. I use chrome on my laptop. The weird thing is, that if I use my iPad or iPhone as a second device to authenticate I get "That did not work". However, I have an android phone also which i use when I travel abroad. That works just fine. I have tried installing and reinstalling, assuming ,if there was a bug, it would remove it but, it did not work. Please help!

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 26

We will help!!!, please allow me to investigate this issue which was reported late yesteray to my attention.

I will update this thread with any findings I came accross as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Marc D.