cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egnlsn
Level 7

True Key not shown in Firefox

Jump to solution

Up until a few months ago, Safekey worked great in Firefox.  Then, one day it was no longer there.  It was still present and working in IE, though I didn't check Chrome as I use that browser the least by far.  Not a life or death situation -- just very irritating

Received an E-mail about True Key, and updated my Safekey to True Key.  Part of the installation process had me identify which browsers I wanted True Key to be added to.  Edge was listed (but, of course, it doesn't support plugins (which was indicated)), as were IE and Chrome, but no Firefox.

In a thread on a Mozilla forum, the OP ended with "after a four hour slog, mcafee tech guys got it working but it was a struggle."

I am on Windows 10, and Firefox is v41.0.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
omameq
Level 7

Re: True Key not shown in Firefox

Jump to solution

Hello,

You can try this link for Firefox

https://www.truekey.com/onboard?locale=en-US

0 Kudos
16 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I've given you your own thread with a new title to reflect True Key as the other thread was old.

Safekey is end-of-life and True Key has taken its place.  According to THIS FAQ Firefox support is coming but not currently active.

You best approach would be to ask Technical Support for help in this matter as they would have more up to date information than we do here.

Intel True Key/PasswordBox Support (alter country at top right as needed)

0 Kudos
egnlsn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply, Ex_Brit.  As long as support is coming in the not-too-distant future, I'm happy.  So far, my preference lies with SafeKey, but perhaps I just need to spend some time with True Key to get more familiar with it.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Good policy.  I remember seeing something about migrating from Safe Key to True Key, but can I find it anywhere....of course I can't!!   I'm so sorry.

Tech Support are free by phone should you have any questions.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Moved to Other McAfee Consumer Products as the best spot.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
egnlsn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for that.

From the "For what it's worth department,' the one thing that I don't really care for in True Key is that you can't categorize your passwords.  Safekey  let you put your passwords into various categories of your own making, if you so desired.  Made it so much easier to find passwords for "financial" related sites as opposed to "business," "social media," etc.  With True Key, all are lumped into one group.

At least they're alphabetical. ;-)

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Good thoughts, it's a new product so I'm sure they're open to ideas...try the suggestion box here: 

0 Kudos
egnlsn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Suggestion made.  Now, we'll see what happens...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Good luck.  I just voted it up.

0 Kudos