Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9 Replies
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: True Key extension not working on Firefox.

Good morning,

I have reinstalled the True Key Firefox extension and I did not see any issues with it.

This message should not influence the True Key extension functionality, can you please confirm what is the actual issue you are facing?

Also, can you provide more details regarding the Firefox version and the operating system version you have on your system?

Finally, can you let me know if you can reinstall the Firefox True Key extension and if the issue persists?

Thanks,

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Hi marcd,

True Key did work on my Desktop when I first installed it, but has since stopped working.

I have Firefox v67.0.2 (64-bit). Which I have reinstalled a couple times to try and resolve the problem. I have also reinstalled True Key a few times.

When I click on the True Key icon, True Key asks for my password, the next step is to (enable the True Key extension. Which I do, and is confirmed by checking the Extension Tab ( True Key is listed including ALLOWED IN PRIVATE WINDOWS). Now when I click on the True Key tab, it asks me to go through the whole signin process again.

True Key works with Microsoft Edge, but not Firefox.

True Key works fine on my laptop. I have compared all the setting between the laptop and desktop, and they are identical.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

This is very strange indeed. The fact that it works on your laptop probably means there is no issues with your True Key account but it looks related to your client, in this case the desktop.

But you did reinstall it a few times which would have fixed most corruption cases. Do you have any security app running on the desktop that could be preventing TK on Firefox to start?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Thanks,

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Hi Marcd,

The only security I have is McAfee Livesafe, which I have on both devices.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

I will look into this, I will get back to you as soon as I hear more on this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Thanks,

HI Marcd,

So I went to the Uninstall or change a program page to uninstall True Key, but it is not listed as a program. Checked my laptop, and there True Key is listed as a program.

I removed the True Key extension, and then reinstalled True Key. But it is still not list as an installed program. It is however on the list of enabled extensions though.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

So this is where it is different between your laptop and your desktop, you see True Key has a desktop standalone mode where the app would be listed as a program and the launchpad containing your logins would open on your desktop. The other mode to run True Key is extension first where TK app resides only on the web browser, launchpad opens on another web tab.

We will be phasing out eventually the standalone desktop mode to only have extension first but for the time being, the desktop standalone mode can be obtained by uninstalling all traces of True Key of the system and going to www.truekey.com/downloading

Thanks,

Marc D.

Thanks,

Hi Again Marcd,

I tried what you suggested, but had the same result as before. TK appears a an extension but not as a program, and will not work.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Sorry for the long delay, I just saw this unanswered post.

True Key has only 2 modes, standalone which will work as the desktop app and the way to get it is to download it from www.truekey.com/download or www.truekey.com/downloading and extension first that will work only on your browser. We support on extension first Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

Now if you download the standalone app, please be aware to be able to use the instant login feature you will need to install a browser extension.

Thanks,

Marc D.