cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boulderrover
Level 8

True Key - does it ever work??

Jump to solution

I jsut switched about 6 hours ago from Password Box to True key.  Migration was very easy and was feeling confident.  Was able to use True key-stored passwords on my Mac on both  Chrome & Firefox Browser as well as my iPhone app.

Now none of them work.  Only reply from browser is "Something Went Wrong".  iPhone App alternates between "System Error" and "Something went wrong. Error Code OA-4999.  Anyone know what this means??

Tried technical support via chat...twice.  Both time I waiting over 5 mins for a support rep.  Both times, it timed out stating the session has exceeded the maximum allowed waiting time.

Decided to try phone support.   Call the Phone number on True Key Customer Support website.  After a couple of minutes holding, the tech support person got my info and concluded I didn't have an account.  I explained that I did have an account as I migrated from PWB.  She said, oh this is not the support for True Key (even though the number is on the true key support web site.  She was happy to transfer me to True Key support.  Now on hold 25 minutes listening to their hold music.

Wondering if the whole True Key system is down?  Does this happen often?  I'm not able to log into any of my internet accounts as all my passwords are in True key.

Regretting the migration earlier today.  Oh if I could only do it over again!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
boulderrover
Level 8

Re: True Key - does it ever work??

Jump to solution

My issue resolved itself a day later and seems to be working fine.  That said I opened 3 tickets and no one from Intel or mcAfee ever replied/responded.  terrible customer service.  Fingers crossed it keeps working.  Its a helpless feeling when you can't log into anything easily and there is no tech support.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Did you call this area

Support

If so I will ping a tech to pop in here and assist you as we mods do not have true key experience

Ok emailed him did you get a job number when you chatted?

boulderrover
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying Peacekeeper.

I did get 3 job numbers (2 from chat; 1 from phone call).  I never reached True Key tech support as I gave up holding after 35 mins.  True key is working for me this morning.  My greater concern is does this go down often like last night & what are the meaning of the error screens I was getting.

Chat attempt 1:

-       Service Request #: 2045270379

-       Created Date: 07/21/2016 21:51:19

Chat attempt 2:

-       Service Request #: 2045267631

-       Created Date: 07/21/2016 21:58:45

Phone call:

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

the tech will reply when he is back on duty I do not know his working hrs sorry. Glad it is working now I am sure the tech will be able to answer your query.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello

Please clarify whether this incident happened right after an update to TrueKey or any network related changes made to the devices.

sprintrps
Level 7

Jump to solution

The answer is: NO..it does not ever work. I have spent hours with tech trying to fix issues over the past 6 months. The latest is that it will not stay on more than a few hours. I have to log in 8-10 times a day. Been with tech 3 times with htis issue...they are "aware of the problem" but cannot fix it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello Robert,

Please post back the Service request number that you received from Tech Support so that I can investigate.

0 Kudos
sprintrps
Level 7

Jump to solution

SR 2048829533

0 Kudos
sprintrps
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any luck resolving this problem.? True Key stayed on for 8 hours yesterday. The most time ever. There has to be a way to keep from having to log in so often.

TRue Key notified me on 7/27 that they were aware of this issue, as many other users have the same problem.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

sprintrps wrote:

Any luck resolving this problem.? True Key stayed on for 8 hours yesterday. The most time ever. There has to be a way to keep from having to log in so often.

TRue Key notified me on 7/27 that they were aware of this issue, as many other users have the same problem.

That's good to know, thanks.   These things take time to fix unfortunately.

0 Kudos