cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: True Key connection problem on PC

So, MarcD, has this fix been released? My True Key was working fine until Monday, December 3rd. It did some update and told me to reboot the PC. After that it would not connect to the True Key servers and would put me in opffline mode....

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 26

Hi there,

Can you please reboot your PC again and see if you can connect this time and let me know?

Also if you cannot please provide the version of True Key you are running.

Thanks,

Marc D

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Rebooting didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and as of right now it seems to be functioning .

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 24 of 26

Ok, so you rebooted after being prompted to do so when you had the new update and that did not do anything, so you had to reinstall correct?

Also , can you please confirm the True Key version you are now running and if possible the version you had before receiving yesterday's update.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Yeah, rebooting didn't work so I uninstalled and D'loaded it again. Unfortunately I hadn't seen your reply before doing that so I don't know the previous version number. The current version is 5.2.167.1

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 26 of 26

I appreciate the information you provided me to me. Obviously, the intention was not to have you reinstall the client to get it to work again but I will investigate why this happenned even though that it is working for you now as expected. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.