cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Key auto password generation

Jump to solution

Hi

I recently created a new account. Having entered my email address, TrueKey offered to generate a password as I responded yes to the question "Are you creating a new account?". Having created an account and purchased the pro version of the software, I could not log into my account as TrueKey had not saved any details (URL, email address or password) it supposedly generated. Is there a specific method to ensuring TrueKey saves new logins? It has done so for me in the past.

PS:  I have resolved the issue fortunately by resetting my password. Logging into the same site with the same email address and the new reset password, TrueKey automatically saved my login details.. I have checked and the details are correct.

Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: True Key auto password generation

Jump to solution

I am using the full application with LiveSafe and have extensions for Edge Chromium and Firefox. The TrueKey app MUST have created an account as I was able to make a purchase, but it failed to log any details.

On FireFox, the built-in password manager appears able to store new login details, but on Edge, this function is disabled by TrueKey.

I accept that all is now OK, but it was disappointing that having generated a strong password, it failed to store the details.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @ChrisR64 

Its great that you resolved the issue. please let us know whether you are using true key as an application or an extension. It might be due to some server issues at the backend. Please let us know if you face any issues in True key.

Regards

Magesh J

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am using the full application with LiveSafe and have extensions for Edge Chromium and Firefox. The TrueKey app MUST have created an account as I was able to make a purchase, but it failed to log any details.

On FireFox, the built-in password manager appears able to store new login details, but on Edge, this function is disabled by TrueKey.

I accept that all is now OK, but it was disappointing that having generated a strong password, it failed to store the details.

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community