cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl

Yes, I could have exported and imported, but after export I found I've amassed a couple hundred sites and it was time for cleanup!

I went with LastPass.

Highlighted

I have a copy of LastPass that I used a while back.  Going to give it a try again.  PC Magazine gave it high marks, 5 stars.  They still have True Key 3 1/2 stars.  They must have had their computer turned of when they tested it  

onlyp
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 19

I also experience the same thing. Happens only with IE. Works (somewhat) fine on Chrome and FF. Disable TK toolbars/extensions seems to get rid of the problem. It is quite annoying since I use different browsers for different purposes. My LastPass premium subscription was over and my TK comes with the McAfee Multi Access. I hope they will keep updating this.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 19

There has indeed been some 'Teething' pains if you will, since changing from 'Safekey' > 'Truekey' and we are aware of it. Possibly you could try these suggestions made in another thread

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
onlyp
Level 7
Message 16 of 19

Thanks, CD. Which thread were you referring to? I did not notice any TK threads related to IE problem in the main Discussions page.

FYI, I am using version 3.8.142.1.

Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 19

The thread I inserted in (Post # 14)  Quite possibly one of our Resident Forum Tech 2.5 will pick up this discussion and add to it.

During the Interim, you can always contact 'Truekey Technical Support' (Free)  http://truekey.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
onlyp
Level 7
Message 18 of 19

Your link directs to this same thread (post #2 by Chinthanai Selvan P).

Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Exactly Selvan is one of our 'Resident Forum Tech Tier 2.5' engineers. Have you tried his suggestions? Also as I mentioned, you can always contact 'Truekey Support' as I suggested as well. Via Online Chat/Phone being the most expedient.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community