Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suehh
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 19

Re: True Key Lock Out

Jump to solution

Help! The same thing happened to me.  I contacted support.  After an hour on the phone they referred the case to advanced support. The first opportunity to call me back is over 36 hours from now.  Meanwhile, I have no access to my laptop.

I tried the regedit mentioned above. We have multiple user profiles.  The profiles that have the offensive value, are the ones that I attempted to login with in normal mode. The other profiles don't.  When I go back to regedit, the values have been changed back to 1, only for the profiles attempted. Some other crumb must be in there changing these values.  Any ideas?

Message 12 of 19

Jump to solution

Tagging ​ for expert advice on modifying these registry entries. My humble advice not to change any of these registry values unless/until Support does it.

suehh
Level 7
Message 13 of 19

Jump to solution

Whew! Thank God for Last Known Good Configuration.

All is restored.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 14 of 19

Jump to solution

suehh wrote:

Whew! Thank God for Last Known Good Configuration.

All is restored.

Glad to hear that you are OK.

That option has saved me many a time ;-)

Jump to solution

God, your lucky! i wish i knew what you were talking about, as i am just about to get the razor blades out.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 19

Jump to solution

Glad to know that issue was resolved by invoking last known good configuration. Let me know if there is anything we can to help.

MarcD

Jump to solution

This evil bit of software auto installed on my mothers desktop and took me a while to fix, to add to to solution answer I had to do something similar, this on on Win 7

1) Boot into safe mode, it wouldnt let me uninstall saying it already had been, I had to go into computer management, enable the administrator account and log in as admin, then it unnstalled properly.

2) It had messed up the user profile also, so renamed the profile in C:\users, deleted the associated .bak file in registry, reboot and log into the new profile all good.

3) Copy all necesarry files from old profile to new one, re-set up email accounts etc.

This thing should be classified as a virus and banned, I've never come across such a damaging piece of bloatware in my life, god know how many peoples pc's this has wrecked, my elderly mother was lucky I'm a IT guy and could sort it, its not something a standard user would know how to do. Shame on Intel, Adobe and whoever else had a hand in the pile of crap.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 19

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I tried to load Adobe Flash player and Acrobat Reader this morning and did not see an included True Key offering either for Win 7 or Win 10. I did see offerings for McAfee Safe Connect and McAfee Security Scan Plus. If you are still seeing True Key getting installed when downlaoding an Adobe software please let me know where and I will try to stop that.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Jump to solution

Badgerman 2018 - I AM your second mother! I only use my laptop for writing, using Word, as I have an iPad which I use every day for emails etc. However this evening I lost the will to live trying to log into my laptop to access some of my work. Jesus, what on earth is going on. I appreciated your reply, but honestly it was beyond me. I have so much work on my laptop, I doubt if I'll sleep tonight! 

I have tried to reboot (excuse me if I use the wrong terminology) to select safe mode, but it didnt come up as an option, went straight to that damned f...ing screen again. I am well and truly so completely and utterly pissed off with it all! Will I ever access my 120 short stories ever again?

Please give me some hope Badgerman!

Jill