cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prajeethpj1
Level 7

True Key Installation file for Mac OSX 10.8.5 & Mcafee support account activation.

Jump to solution

Hello Team,

Im using MacOSX 10.8.5 version. But truekeyinstallation file in truekey.com is only for MacOSX 10.9+.

I'm unable to upgrade my mac os to 10.9+ due to hard drive space which is a big problem.

Can you help me in getting mac osx 10.8.5 version true key installation file please.

Also I would appreciate if you could help me in activating my mcafee community support site login. Username is prajeethpj1

Waiting for your reply & support on my 2 issues.

Thank you for the support

Br - Prajeeth

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: True Key Installation file for Mac OSX 10.8.5 & Mcafee support account activation.

Jump to solution

Hi

Unfortunately TK doesn't support OSX 10.8 and the only way to use TK is to upgrade to 10.9 or later.

8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: True Key Installation file for Mac OSX 10.8.5 & Mcafee support account activation.

Jump to solution

It would probably be best to contact support:   HERE

Jump to solution

Hi

Unfortunately TK doesn't support OSX 10.8 and the only way to use TK is to upgrade to 10.9 or later.

exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Thanks Selvan, that settles that question.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

-  I couldn't reactivate an archived profile so I did some adjustments and changed the name of the profile you are using here to prajeethpj1

You'll have to log out and back in again to continue.

Note that when you are logged in you only will see whatever proper names you are using but others only see your user name.

prajeethpj1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Ex_Brit & Selvan for the fast response. Much appreciated.

It is sad to know that TK does not mac osx 10.8.5 version.

Can i use safekey until i upgrade to true key in 10.8.5 mac osx?.

Unable to upgrade to 10.9 macosx as I need to buy higher storage HDD which is not possible at the moment.

Please advise!.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

That's too bad, good luck ;-)

I'll leave the question as to whether or not SafeKey is OK to continue using to

0 Kudos

Re: Re: True Key Installation file for Mac OSX 10.8.5 & Mcafee support account activation.

Jump to solution

At this point of time I would suggest you continue using Safekey on your MAC. First hand have your Passwords exported to a "csv" file such that you have access to your credentials irrespective of the Upgrade/Migration to Truekey.

As you know already Safekey is EOL by March 1st its best to upgrade OSX by then.

0 Kudos
prajeethpj1
Level 7

Re: Re: True Key Installation file for Mac OSX 10.8.5 & Mcafee support account activation.

Jump to solution

Thank you Selvan for the update. Appreciated. Cheers - PJ

0 Kudos