cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Server login failed for True Key on my Android

I am getting notifications on my laptop that my McAfee subscription has expired.  At the same time I am unable to log into True Key on my android.  The message on my android when trying to login is "server login failed".  I am, however, able to log in to my True Key account on my laptop with no problems.  I have rebooted my phone 3 times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the True Key app on my android.  Any ideas?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Server login failed for True Key on my Android

I had the same issue tonight and did the same steps as you.  I finally opened a chat session with support and, while I was waiting, I tried logging in from my android phone again and it worked.  The support person said that they had a server issue that affected logins. I hope it's working again for you as well, not having access to all of your passwords is not fun. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Good morning,

Last night we did have networking issues that did prevent for a few hours to login to your account normally. Having said that, while we were fixing this you should have access to all your passwords in offline mode which basically means that although you wont be able to edit anything within your account, won't be able to add or delete any new logins or safe notes, you should have access to your dashboard that reveals all your passwords.

The networking issue was fixed last night after a few hours and all connections were reestablished.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Offline mode was not available as an option for me.  I believe offline mode is only available if you are using Basic authentication. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

For your information, offline mode is not dependent on the security level you have within your account (basic or advanced). Most likely, you did not get offline mode because probably when you tried it servers  were being restarted.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

That's interesting, when I select advanced security level in settings it displays a message saying that offline mode is not available when using advanced.  So I assumed that this was why offline was unavailable to me. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Good morning Angie,

Let me know if you are still unable to login to your True Key account on your Android device?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community