Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_K
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 37

Re: Numerous Issues

Yes, I held onto the new setup file that I had downloaded yesterday from the attempted reinstall. The version on the file is 6.0.0.1.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 22 of 37

Sounds good.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Highlighted

At the stage when McAfee Antivirus quits operating the PC of yours or maybe cell phone is powerless against assaults from disease programs. You are able to try these brisk McAfee Antivirus investigating undertakings to recover the framework of yours to obtain the item running once more:

Simply switch off the gadget of yours and restart it sooner or perhaps later
Uninstall McAfee Antivirus through the use of the expulsion device
Delete other antivirus programming that could meddle with McAfee
Reinstall the product using the official set up a history from the McAfee site
Update the item and after that restart the framework of yours
Restore the framework configurations on the previous time McAfee was operating Remember if you realize your framework is giving troubles and that the antivirus is not working then it is not alright for you to use the internet since it may get an infection. On the out chance that the McAfee Antivirus is not as it must, at that time it's perfect to refrain from enrolling in a shot at any financial exchanges while online as the information of yours could be erased or even undermined through an illness.

For this particular circumstance, you need to call the McAfee customer service number and also tackle a prepared understand will's identity prepared to handle you about how precisely to secure the PC of yours or maybe mobile phone when the McAfee Antivirus is not working.

Find more info

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 24 of 37

Good morning,

Are you experiencing any issues that would need my assistance?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Chaten
Level 7
Message 25 of 37

I don't mean to hijack the post but I've had the exact same issue since last week after a windows update.

Desktop version thinks its offline and cannot connect to the Trukey servers.
Firefox extention works but no longer provides a dropdown list of logins when trying to login to any particular site.

I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled last week and this week but the same problems are still there. 

Desktop Version does not want to work.
FF version works but not fully.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 26 of 37

Good morning,

You are not hijacking this post on the contrary, thanks for providing more details on the issue you are seeing.

I just want to get more clarity on your issue, you said in your post that the issue started after a Windows update, what was this update?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Chaten
Level 7
Message 27 of 37

Hi MarcD ,

It was the "update to Windows 10, version 1903" update. 
It was a big update which took a long time and I don't think it completed correctly as its asking me to do it again this week but everything else worked as normal after the update attempt accept for TrueKey

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 28 of 37

Thanks, I will find out what is going here and will get back to you on this.

In the meantime and as I said on this post thread, we were going to be phasing out the desktop app in the benefit of the extension first where the True Key launchpad would only be opening within the browser tab (Chrome or Firefox).

I am confident that if you were to completely uninstall True Key desktop app from your system and then using Chrome go to www.truekey.com you would be getting extension first and that should as I said allow you back into your account. 

Before you do this, let me know if you have True Key running anywhere else such as on a mobile device or if you could install the True Key Edge extension before you go ahead and uninstall your True Key desktop app.

Thanks,

Marc D.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 29 of 37

Also, can you please tell me the version of your True Key standalone app?

Thanks,

Marc D.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 30 of 37

As I said before, we will be phasing out the desktop standalone app just to use extension first where the True Key launchpad is open within the browser tab.

I think at this point if you are unable to sign in to True Key, you might need to uninstall the True Key app and then using Chrome preferably go to www.truekey.com to download the True Key 

Also as I said on my earlier post, please make sure you have True Key run on another platform either on the Edge browser by downloading True Key from the Microsoft store or on a mobile device.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community