cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to connect to TrueKey account

Jump to solution

I was using PasswordBox till I was forced to upgrade to Intel True Key. I upgraded to true key but after that I can't login to true key account from my office PC. I am behind firewall in office.

I am able to login to true key account from home where there is no firewall, but I need to access true key account from office PC too.

I am using Windows 7,  McAfee installed on my office PC and I am behind the corporate firewall.  In the true key login dialog, when I enter my master password, that dialog box remains open with the message "Validating.."and then comes back with the error message "Something went wrong".

As I mentioned earlier, this was not a issue when I was using PasswordBox.

Is this a known issue, any resolutions available?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not able to connect to TrueKey account

Jump to solution

I installed the latest version and I am able to login to my true key account.

Thank you guys for all the help and support!

0 Kudos
26 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Perhaps one of the 'Experts' from the (TrueKey Team) will pick up this thread and add to the discussion. In addition our 'Resident' Tier Tech 2.5 Technicians/Engineers may indeed do so as well.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello Rajeev,

Please clarify if both Home and Office PC s are running Windows Operating System. This will help us narrow down if Office Firewall is the problem.

Jump to solution

I have Windows 7 at office PC and Windows 10 in home PC

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Rajeev,

I will try to help you regarding your login issue on your office PC. I am don't think (at least at this time) that this is firewall related issue, you would have received a more specific network error message. Having said that I am not ruling out the firewall cause right away. Can you try logging in to True Key on another network? If you have no other network, please try to create an alternate True Key profile so we can rule out an issue with our back end or simply the client.

Can you finally please let us know which TK version are you running on your PC at the office?

Thanks,

MarcD

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

MarcD,

Thank you for looking into this issue.

To answer your questions,

Can you try logging in to True Key on another network?

Yes, I was able to my own True Key profile from my home.

Can you finally please let us know which TK version are you running on your PC at the office?

I used the latest installation from TrueKey website and I am using that. And the login dialog does not show me a version. How can I know the version?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Rajeev,

I know you are able to connect from home, but you are using a different email address to connect at home than at the office?

Also, I asked yesterday if you are able to create a new profile (a different email address/password) at the office to confirm the issue is with the back end or network/client.

Thanks,

MarcD

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am using the same email ID to connect from home

I have not got time to try creating a new profile and try to use that from office. I will try to do that today and let you know the results

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Well, I just tried creating a new profile. Used a different email ID. When I pressed Create profile, it popped up another dialog to enter Master password again, I entered the password. Then it showed "Validating message" but after some time, it shows "Something went wrong message"

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

After some time I got a mail to confirm my email ID I used for creating profile. I confirmed and after that tried again login to True Key from my office PC. I got the same "Something went wrong" issue.

So looks like my profile is getting created, but I am not able to login to that from my office PC.

0 Kudos