cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Edge Extension - That did not work

Jump to solution

Windows 10 updated from 1803 to 1809 build 17763.134. Prior to updating Windows 10 the True Key extension was installed and working in Microsoft Edge authenticating via Windows Hello using a fingerprint reader. After updating when trying to login the True Key extension says 'That did not work'. I can see the 'Verifying it's you page' trying to load but then the extension returns to the master password prompt. Entering this does nothing and just prompts again for the password. I have tried uninstalling and reseting the data in the extension but still the same thing. I have disabled Windows Hello and tried authenticating but still the same behaviour. On the same PC I can authenticate successfully using Chrome. The extension for Chrome was a fresh install as I don't use Chrome as my primary browser due to Windows Hello authentication not being available. Please advise if this is a bug in the extension for Edge or if there is something else that I can try.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Microsoft Edge Extension - That did not work

Jump to solution

Sure Steve, I am glad that the issue with the Edge browser is now resolved. 

I will update this thread when we know more regarding the issue with Windows Hello.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

We are aware of the issue introduced to Windows Hello after the latest Windows 10 update (1809). We are presently  looking into this and when will have more updates I will be sure to let you know.

Regarding the issue with your Edge browser, if I understand correctly this was also introduced with the latest Win10 update and basically you are not able to sign in to True Key using your Master Password, correct?

When you reinstalled the True Key Edge extension, did you ensure to clear the cache on the Edge brower as well, I just want to make sure that there is no traces whatsoever on the Edge extension related to True Key.

Please let me know and if it is still an issue, I would suspect that it has also something to do with the latest Windows update but we will investigate it further and get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Jump to solution

Marc,

Thanks for the swift response. I removed the extension and cleared the browsing history, cookies and saved website data and cached data and files from Edge. I then re-installed the True Key extension and this ran through the setup again and I was able to sign in using the master password. Just to test I tried enabling Windows Hello which just sits trying to verify.

I think as I already had Windows Hello enabled it was causing the extension to fail to authenticate. Thanks for your assistance. I'll keep an eye out for an update to the extension in the Windows Store that fixes the issue.

Kind regards,

Steve

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Sure Steve, I am glad that the issue with the Edge browser is now resolved. 

I will update this thread when we know more regarding the issue with Windows Hello.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.