cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
Level 21

Is It Possible To Enable True Key For 1 PC User Account Only?

Jump to solution

Question for experienced users and/or support.

My flatmate uses my PC for faxing stuff and last night he installed True Key in his user account (we are both admin accounts), which of course enabled it in mine although I haven't set it up as I don't want to use it.

If I disable the Service in services.msc on my side, will that also disable it for him?

If so then is there another way of stopping it from appearing on my user account?

(Short of uninstalling everything and starting over, minus True Key?)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Is It Possible To Enable True Key For 1 PC User Account Only?

Jump to solution

When you say if True key can be activated is what I don't understand. Obviously anyone can install True Key as an app on the system/ user's account. But to be able to sign in specifically to a True Key account on the system, you would need to have created the sign up credentials (email address + Master Password).  With that information, since our application is cross-platform, you can then use any system or mobile device, install True Key in there and as long as this system/device gets trusted you will be able to sign in to your True Key account on there as well.

I hope this helps and clarifies any question you had regarding this process.

Thanks,

Marc D.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​ Could you address my Colleague Ex_brit's concern please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

This is in fully-updated Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 using Firefox as main browser, IE and/or Chrome as secondary ones.

It's no big deal really but wouldn't mind hiding it on my side.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

Not sure I understand this completely, can you just uninstall True Key so it is completely removed from the system? Killing also the running processes in the task manager in the background processes under Intel Security True key should also kill the running app.

Marc D.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

But that would kill it for all users of the computer, right?

It's not possible to uninstall just True Key.   I would have to uninstall everything, reboot and reinstall.

In the old days the uninstaller would allow for a fairly comprehensive choice, but now it only asks if you also want to uninstall Web Advisor and/or all your settings.

Perhaps a suggestion for this app would be simply an On/Off switch for each user of a machine.

As I said it's no big deal really and I don't want to upset my other user by nuking everything.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I have now removed all the software and reinstalled without activating True Key, which apparently, according to my flatmate, "was done by mistake". 

I guess he saw a pop-up and accidentally clicked OK.

It still is a good question however, if the app can be activated in 1 user account and not the others.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

When you say if True key can be activated is what I don't understand. Obviously anyone can install True Key as an app on the system/ user's account. But to be able to sign in specifically to a True Key account on the system, you would need to have created the sign up credentials (email address + Master Password).  With that information, since our application is cross-platform, you can then use any system or mobile device, install True Key in there and as long as this system/device gets trusted you will be able to sign in to your True Key account on there as well.

I hope this helps and clarifies any question you had regarding this process.

Thanks,

Marc D.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Thanks Marc, that helps greatly.

Uninstalling/reinstalling selectively was the quickest way.

0 Kudos