Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heimcj
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Import from Dashlane doesn't work

Anybody know what to do for a Dashlane export, to get TrueKey to read it? I get a message telling me there are no items to import.

4 Replies
Madhan Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 5

Re: Import from Dashlane doesn't work

Hello @heimcj 

We are sorry that the data is not getting imported to TrueKey form Dashlane.

Please export all the data from Dashlane to .csv format and to import in TrueKey, please go to App settings→ Import and select TrueKey.

Try importing the data and let me know if it works.

Regards,
Madhan M

heimcj
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

That is what I tried, and it does not work. It says "We didn't find any items to migrate" when I do this, but there are over 300 items in the .csv file.

Can you give me the structure that is required in the file for it to import correctly?

marcd McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Good morning,

I will check this,  usually when the import fails from another password manager such as Dashlane is because they have made changes with their import/export tool. Sometimes, this might be an easy fix or might be a more complicated work to fix.

In any case, let me check on this and I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Highlighted
marcd McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Good morning,

As I indicated yesterday, the reason of the issue you are experiencing is that Dashlane changed their format  of the .csv content.

we have already fixed this, fix will be available on our next release. When I know more abut the release date, I will share it on this thread.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community