cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't upgrade to True Key premium account

I downloaded the true key and installed in my Windows 10 computer. Everything worked well until my 30 day trial period expired. Once expired I tried to upgrade true key to premium, as advertised by Intel Security.

However, everytime I try to pay there is an error. I tried different credit cards but everytime is the same error...

This is the message received: UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED - WE CANNOT ACCESS THE FEATURE YOU REQUEST DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED ERROR. IF PROBLEM PERSISTS, VISIT OUR SUPPORT SITE.

I contacted the support site (which is for McAffe and not Intel), and the information I got is that they do not sell the true key separatedly from other softwares??? But I receive a message to go premium every single day.

What can I do??? delete true key and move on??

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: I can't upgrade to True Key premium account

I will contact a Expert on your behalf to assist you.

​  Could you assist this user please?

During the interim you may wish to Contact True Key support through the McAfee Consumer Support Portal

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

I am investigating this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Marc D.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Hi Flavio,

Can you please write to truekeysupport@mcafee.com providing your email address associated with your True Key account.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Hi Marc,

Done.

Regards.

Flavio

Hello, same problem. Can not upgrade and pay with credit card.  Best Regards Michael

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

What is the issue exactly, are you getting an error when you trying to renew your TK subscription?

Where are you trying to renew the subscription? (system version, True Key version, etc.)

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Hi Mark, 

I want to renew my TK subscription as I think this is a great software for me working on many different computers.  It was not a special error code message, just "unsucessful this time and please contact customer support if it persists".  I have tried different cards and another computer. I will check for another software solution. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Unfortunately without more detailed information as requested on my previous post, i wont be able to assist you. have you reached out to our support team that can ask you step by step what is needed?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community