cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fruby
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

How can i recover the MasterPassword for creating TrueKey?

After i get a master password i tried to sign in for creating the TrueKey but the password is wrong i don't guess

what is wrong .

So how can i reset this MasterPassword ?

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: How can i recover the MasterPassword for creating TrueKey?

I will contact a True Key guru on your behalf.

​  Could one of you assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

You can reset it fro the same window where you enter the master password, click on "Forgot your Master Password":

and this should take you to the required steps to reset it.

Thanks,

Marc D

Marc
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
PHok76
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

I do not have the option of "Forgot Password" which is frustrating. I got logged out for whatever reason and cannot for the life of me come up with the password I'd used. 

Tags (1)
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

To be able to reset a master password will work only if all of the following are true:

• You previously did NOT disable the Master Password Reset feature in your Profile Preferences in True Key which is activated by default.
  • You previously configured at least two additional authentication factors (alternative ways of signing into True Key).
    These authentication factor combinations include:
    Fingerprint + Email
    Fingerprint + 2nd Device
    Face + Email
    Face + 2nd Device                                                                                            See https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/215162708 (How can I reset my Master Password) for more information.
  • Resetting your Master Password must be done on a Trusted Device.
    A device is trusted only if you have added the device to your True Key Profile as a Trusted Device. Allowing access from only Trusted Devices prevents someone else from accessing your account from an unknown device. The True Key application will not recognize a device unless it is trusted.

I hope sincerely that this helps,

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Marc
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.