cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaacchua
Level 7

How I turn off / prevent True Key from automatically saving passwords?

How I turn off / prevent True Key from automatically saving passwords? I want to decide whether to save a password, and not decide whether to "Never Save" after something has been saved.

Isaac

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: How I turn off / prevent True Key from automatically saving passwords?

Hi Isaac,

As you already know besides "never saving" or just turning off the TK browser extension, there is no current way to turn off the automatic login save, but certainly it is a great suggestion to convey to our development team.

Thanks,

Marc D.

0 Kudos
niraj.shah
Level 9

I too think this is a required feature to have. It can get quite annoying when True Key tries to save every password screen it encountered.

0 Kudos

The Password Generator is a great way to create strong passwords to protect your accounts but you may prefer to create your own passwords or pass phrases.  To turn off the Generator:  Click on the Generator icon within your True Key app.  Next to 'Automatically generate passwords in forms', click on the toggle switch to turn it to OFF.

0 Kudos
niraj.shah
Level 9

The issue is to do with saving password (i.e. when you are logging into a site). Password Generator is only applicable to creating new accounts. These are not the same thing, and what you are suggesting won't fix the following:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.37.49.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.40.06.png

0 Kudos