cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tntschiff
Level 7

Firefox 45 and True Key NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

FF 45 is out. I updated and True Key no longer fills anything in. I reverted to 44.0.2 and it works. So until someone fixes this (or can answer how to make it work), don't update.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Re: Firefox 45 and True Key NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

Hi,

This has been identified by the Truekey team and a fix is scheduled for the 15th of March (Subject to change).

19 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Firefox 45 and True Key NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

Since I personally do not use 'Firefox/Truekey' I cannot offer you advice. Perhaps a Colleague or one whom is more familiar with your issue, will pick up this thread and assist you. There does seem to be occasional issues with the Updated Versions of FireFox/Chrome in regards to Add-ons/Extensions

Or you can contact TrueKey Technical Support  https://truekey.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home

Via Online Chat/Phone being much quicker.

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tntschiff
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks CD. I contacted support so hopefully I hear back.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

There is also a place for True Key feedback here:  https://feedback.truekey.com/truekey

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Were you capable of discussing your issue/concerns? You can also ask that your Service Request be escalated to a Higher Tier Tech, if you feel your issue has not been resolved.

Just thought I would add that...

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tntschiff
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well, I heard back and was told it was being forwarded, but that Beta versions of Firefox and not guaranteed to work (ah, yeah, I know that). I had to tell them FF45 was released on Tuesday and was NOT beta. No other replies since. I'll try the feedback link and cross my fingers.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Ah, I see. It has a lot to do with the Stringent Digital Signatures being Signed by FireFox/Add-on Developers with each New Version released. Seems like just when one is released, another is almost due. Not only FireFox yet Chrome as well.

And of course then there is 'Edge'. I never have any issues with my add-ons in Internet Explorer 11.

I noticed our Resident Forum Tech Tier 2.5 in a few threads. No promise, however he may pick up on this one and add to the discussion. Once again, I am not very familiar with Firefox/TrueKey. Having said that, please keep us apprised .

Also, keep in mind that you can escalate your case if need be. Simply keep your 'Service Request' Number.

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

tntschiff wrote:

Well, I heard back and was told it was being forwarded, but that Beta versions of Firefox and not guaranteed to work (ah, yeah, I know that). I had to tell them FF45 was released on Tuesday and was NOT beta. No other replies since. I'll try the feedback link and cross my fingers.

How embarrassing for McAfee to make a mistake like that.  By all means escalate as CD has suggested and use that feedback forum I mentioned.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
tntschiff
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good news - I heard back and they are working on it. They also said they have received other reports now as well.

This is much better than Symantec. I just left them for Intel Security; their FF login has not worked since October and they now say it will be August for a fix. That and some other things pushed me away (and I was with them for 16 years). I know nobody is perfect, especially when it comes to FF's constant change and revision releases, but seriously....

Thanks CD and Ex_Brit

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Well, I'm glad you defected to the opposition in that case and hopefully this latest glitch will be rectified asap.

0 Kudos