Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Default device for 2FA

Jump to solution

Anamnes: I have several trusted devices configured. For example iPad and iPhone. Then a chrome browser plugin is set up to use 2FA to login. When it offers a selection of which trusted device to use it lists all trusted devices in its own-minded order and by default selects the first one, naturally, which happend to be not the device I use all the time to do 2AF. Then every time I have to explicitely select the second device.

The menu looks like so:
2af.JPG

Issue: It is very bothering and inconvinient to select the default device every time.

Suggestion: Either automatically select the last used trusted device for 2AF or allow somewhere to select which device to be used by default and if I decide to use another device just provide a link 'use another device' to change it or whatever.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: Default device for 2FA

Jump to solution

Hi Jd,

Well it is clear now to me that you are using True Key on both devices, so obviously it would not make sense to delete one of those trusted devices, thanks for clearing that up for me.

What I did not say on my previous message is that your suggestion athough we have thought about it before, I will bring it again in the forefront again with my development team, since it is still a great idea.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Marc D.

4 Replies
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Jd,

Alternatively you know that you can maange the list of all your trusted devices, when you log in to the TK application, on the top right next to your name click on the person icon and you will the list there, you can then discard the device you are not using presently so it defaults back on the most used one. 

You can also use to verify authentication by email on the bottom of your screenshot you attached.

Let me know if there are any issues with this.

Thanks,
Marc D.

jd
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for the effort but you do realize that what you've suggested it is not the solution and not even a workaround!? Man Frustrated

I use iPad at home, and if I discard it from trusted devices I will no longer be able to use it!

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Jd,

Well it is clear now to me that you are using True Key on both devices, so obviously it would not make sense to delete one of those trusted devices, thanks for clearing that up for me.

What I did not say on my previous message is that your suggestion athough we have thought about it before, I will bring it again in the forefront again with my development team, since it is still a great idea.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Marc D.

jd
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks Marc! It's a great idea indeed! You can't imagine how annoying it is to do the same automatic stupid operation all the time.

One more thing as a suggestion though. When you will be designing the feature that would be nice if the notification for the default device is sent automaticaly right away as soon as you do password-login, no need to press 'send notification' button. If it is the default device it makes a lot of sense.

Cheers!

Alex