Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bertti
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Constant crashing in iOS11

The truekey iOS app used to work very well, but now it crashes every single time I click on the Safari extension to login to a site. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but it’s still crashing. I contacted support and they said they will look into it and produce a fix, this was around 5 weeks ago and I am still unable to use the app. I contacted them again recently through online chat and was told to be patient and that support will fix it! The fact it has taken them this long to attempt to find a fix makes me question how secure is it really. Another thing is surely there should be a logging/debug feature with this app so they can determine exactly what’s causing it to constantly crash.

11 Replies
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Re: Constant crashing in iOS11

Good morning,

Can you please provide more details on how it is crashing? a screenshot could be very helpful as well. Are you getting any errors on the screen when you try to login with Safari using your True Key assets? I also need to know are you using Chrome and do you see the same behavior on this browser as well?

Thanks,

Marc D.

bertti
Level 7
Message 3 of 12

Hi Marc

As I mentioned to Truekey support, there are no errors the Truekey splashscreen appears then immediately closes. This happens all the time. I do not have chrome on the phone.

Thanks

bertti
Level 7
Message 4 of 12

Nevermind, I am fed up waiting for abysmal Truekey support that do not ring back when they say they will and more than 6 weeks and no fix in sight. Therefore I have switched to LastPass it actually works properly.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 12

I will contact someone on your behalf...

​  Could you please assist this customer?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Moderator Karthik_K
Message 6 of 12

Hello

I have sent you a PM. Please reply back so that we can take the issue towards a resolution.

Regards

Karthik

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Thank you karthikk3

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I have the same problem in iOS 11 on my iPhone and my iPad: whenever I click the "share" icon then click "True Key", the splash screen is displayed briefly and then it disappears, without filling out the username or password on the web site.  Same thing happens in both Chrome and Safari.  Please fix!!!

bertti
Level 7
Message 9 of 12

I have been waiting for months and had telephone calls with support, yet for this to be ongoing for months they are either not capable of fixing this issue or it is not a priority to them. Either way its not right for the paying user to tolerate an app that we are unable to use for months on end. As I mentioned before in a previous reply I have switched to LastPass and although it has a different UI it does work really well. It really is a shame as I do like TrueKey but feel I that I have been let down

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 12

Hi Bertti,

We are aware of the issue you reported, it seems that the entire automatic log in process is broken on iOS for True Key, we will be releasing a hot fix on December 7th that will be addressing this process and this should taker care of the different problems you are seeing related to the automatic log in.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.