cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigredbear
Level 7

Cannot Access my Passwords - HELP!

Jump to solution

I've used True Key for quite some time and this isn't my first issue, but it is a definite deal breaker. I frequently must restart the application on my PC because "Something went wrong" when attempting to log in, but it typically comes right back. Today I can't get in at all - and tech support is a NIGHTMARE!

26 AUG 2016:

(~1800 est) Updated iPhone app to version 3.1.6 from iOS App Store on iPhone.

(~1800 est)Tested facial recognition and touchID - works fine

27 AUG 2016:

(0937 est) Cannot log into app. I am only prompted for my password, and not the touch ID or face. Attempting to login receives, "The network connection was lost."

Tried wifi with vpn, wifi without vpn, cell with vpn and cell without vpn - no joy.
          Tried PC app. "Something went wrong."

(0943 est) Submitted ticket #nope via email from the TrueKey "help" link to their website.

(0945 est) Called tech support and was told I must use the email support - I'm fortunate my email hasn't logged me out yet. If they reply via email I may not be able to view the emails. What a catch22!

I am open to suggestions - but at this point I fully intend to migrate to a different product. I cannot be locked out of my bank, email, work, and social media accounts for any reason - nevermind the promise (LIE!) of tech support. This really is amazing from 2 companies of this size, I'd have thought they would have much better support available to customers for such a sensitive product.

iOS_Connect_Lost.JPG

PC_Something_Wrong.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Cannot Access my Passwords - HELP!

Jump to solution

I think maybe the True Key servers are down as someone else has posted with a similar issue, in which case only Technical Support can help.

7 Replies
bigredbear
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just uninstalled the PC application and reinstalled - no joy.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the iOS app - no joy. HOWEVER, there is an obvious issue here. The application shows as if there is no internet available, when obviously there is.

iOS_No_HSD.JPG

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I'll alert our resident tech to come in here.

​  can you help please?

0 Kudos
bigredbear
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I said I see the "Something went wrong" message frequently, I suspect its caused when TK loads before my VPN has connected on boot. It appears that's the PC app message that corresponds to the iOS message posted above.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I think maybe the True Key servers are down as someone else has posted with a similar issue, in which case only Technical Support can help.

bigredbear
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's the direction I was headed in. Thank you for confirming.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Had an usual situation using PC ... could not log into True Key( Something when Wrong message) ... Forgotten password did not work ... reboot did not help ... turning Chrome extension off and on , no help  ... I did all of this at least twice.   While waiting for Support Chat, I opened another Chrome Window (not Tab) and was going to do something while waiting ... anyway, I clicked on the Truekey icon, had no problem logging in to Truekey.  Maybe this will help someone ... no idea why it worked.  I even logged out, and closed all Chrome windows ... Truekey worked coming back in.  Why ???

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting and hope it helps someone.  No idea why that would be but support should make a note of it.

0 Kudos