Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 20

Re: Bank of America - TrueKey no longer working

Ok so I gather that your credentials (username/password) are not being filled in those websites login pages, is this happening to all your stored logins?

Which browser are you using to log to those websites(Chrome, Edge or Firefox)?

If all the logins are not working where credentials are not being filled and auto login is broken as a consequence of that. I would look at the True Key extension that your browser is using to log you in to those websites. 

Thanks,

SheriL
Level 7
Message 12 of 20

Yes, in all instances including another  10 I just tried, user ID and passwords are not being populated.  I use Firefox browser.  My TrueKey extension is 3.1.0.9211 updated 10/26/18.  Should I uninstall and reinstall TrueKey?

I have successfully installed True Key on IE,  and Edge. 

BTW, the icon on the Firefox address line doesn't open True Key.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 20

Hi Sheril,

1- Have you tried login to your websites with Edge, is it working? You can also install True Key on Chrome and confirm if that is working.

2- Is your True Key app on your Firefox browser (the app opens within your browser) or on your desktop (as  a desktop app)?

Thanks,

SheriL
Level 7
Message 14 of 20

I have successfully entered websites from  True Key on Edge, where my logins are on a tab; Chrome, where the logins are in a separate app; and if I open the app on my desktop, IE opens.  When I click on the icon in Firefox, nothing happens.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 20

Ok the issue seems to be with the True Key Firefox extension.

Do you have True Key on other devices such as mobile, MAC?  if you do and this is not your only system running True Key, you could donwload True Key with your Firefox browser (www.truekey.com).

Also, on your True Key desktop app, please provide the True Key version number and go to its settings- app settings- enable browser extensions and let me know if you can see the Firefox True Key extyension there, if you do you can reinstall it again.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 20

Hi Bob,

You actually hinted the issue here, websites keep regularly changing implementing new security measures or just with their website content, by doing so it breaks any external app integration such as True Key.

Please provide me with the exact URL you are trying to access and where the True Key automatic login is not working anymore and I can check if we can fix it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Thanks for replying. Yes, I appreciate that web site's change their login procedures from time to time, and that the changes might not be compatible with True Key. Link was in my original post -- it is https://www.bankofamerica.com/?page_msg=signoff&request_locale=en_US

I  have had the same problem with JPMorgan Chase for several weeks.   Have reported many times .   I would think that with some of the largest banks in the world they would be on top of fixing it.

Marc,

I have the same problem for BOA and Chase Bank. Is there a fix to allow True Key to sign me in?

Thanks very much Markg

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 20

Hi Bob,

We are aware of this specific instant login that is not working with the True Key app, we are still looking at the best way to fix it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.