cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - TrueKey no longer working

My password is no longer populating on the Bank of America login screen. It used to work, but BofA changed something. My username appears but the password isn't filled in. I have to go into TrueKey and copy it, then paste it into the BofA screen.

19 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 20

Re: Bank of America - TrueKey no longer working

​  ​ Could you assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

True Key's chat rep (Savin) tells me,

True key will not work on banking site, financial site and government sites due to security factor setup on True key along with those websites.

Does that make any sense? It works with other financial sites.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Hi Bob,

I see that Marc has replied. If anyone can assist you, he can as he is a Expert on this Feature.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
SheriL
Level 7
Message 5 of 20

It worked up until the last update on October 28th??

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 20

Good morning,

Can you please let me know which specific step of the instant login is broken? Is it the auto fill (where you see your credentials being filled in) or the auto submit where it logs you in directly to Bank of America.

Thanks,

SheriL
Level 7
Message 7 of 20

I tried 14 of my 98 logins and none of the autofills are working.  The website opens and that  is all  that occurs.

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 20

Ok so this is not longer an issue specific to a single website (Bank of America) but rather you are seeing the issue with several of your logins, but some of your logins still work, correct?

I would need more information to be able to start isolating the issue, regarding the auto fill and auto submit is this failling on both steps for all the logins you have tested?

Also, where are you seeing this, is this on Windows or on mobile, please provide the versions of your system OS as well as the True Key app on this system. 

Thanks,

McAfee Employee marcd
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 20

Good morning Sheril,

Ok so this is not longer an issue specific to a single website (Bank of America) but rather you are seeing the issue with several of your logins, but some of your logins still work, correct?

I would need more information to be able to start isolating the issue, regarding the auto fill and auto submit is this failling on both steps for all the logins you have tested?

Also, where are you seeing this, is this on Windows or on mobile, please provide the versions of your system OS as well as the True Key app on this system. 

Thanks,

SheriL
Level 7
Message 10 of 20

Hmmm! I thought I had answered this. 

Anyway, I have a Dell PC running a 64-bit operating system and Windows 10 version 1803, OS build 17134.345.

TrueKey opens the desired website and stops.  The icons that had appeared in the login and password boxes are not there.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.