cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new GUI dropped menu items

Recently was upgraded to new GUI on Windows 7.  At first there were 5 menu items on the home page:  home, pc security, identity, privacy and account.  

Today, two of those headings disappeared: identity and privacy.

Why??

R16.0 R13

Security Center 17.3.127

43 Replies

Re: new GUI dropped menu items

Same problem for me on Internet security suite. I´ve got an answer from a moderator, he says that McAfee is aware of the problem and that it will be fixed. I belive it when I see it.

Uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee two times yesterday, same problem persisted.

Used both the windows uninstaller and McAfee removal tool. So hopefully they will fix this soon as possible so we are getting what we are paying for.

Regards

JW

I was "upgraded" to the old GUI today.

Highlighted
Moderator Karthik_K
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 44

Hi @quiltgirl@jonnywalker 

We regret the predicament caused on McAfee UI. The concerned team is working on the issue to fix it as soon as possible. Will update the thread, once it is fixed.

Regards,

Karthik K

Hello

Me to was back to the green UI but sadly still missing Quick clean ,Shredder and the VU scanner. How about you ? still missing them ?

JW

Those products are there on mine.   Shredder is under DatA Protection box.  VU and Quickclean are still under PC and Home Network Tools box.

@jonnywalker

We regret the predicament caused on McAfee UI. Please update and reboot the computer. 

Regards
Siva

Hi.

Sorry but your advice didn´t work at all. Just got the usual antivirus update but nothing else. Still missing quick clean , shredder and VU-scanner. They are not installed and are not listed in the UI or when I open about.

JW

Moderator Karthik_K
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 44

Hi @jonnywalker @quiltgirl

The issue has been fixed from our end. Kindly update McAfee software and let us know the status. 

Regards,

Karthik K

I just did an update and am still on the old GUI.  Only the virus scan DAT engine was updated to 3424.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community