cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listing all protected devices under Total Protection

Jump to solution

For a few years now I've had a laptop running Windows 7 with McAfee Total Protection for 5 devices.  Today I installed  (with the help of a McAfee tech, via chat) Total Protection on a newly purchased laptop running Windows 10 Home.  Installation went fine.  When I opened the application control panel, it presented a listing of protected devices and only listed the other, Win7 pc.  I opened another chat and was told that it only lists "other" devices - that the current device is 'indicated' by the big green check mark.  Ok, so after terminating the chat, I went to the Win7 pc, thinking it would list the new Win 10 pc.  Nope, it only has the big green check mark.  BTW, the control panel on the Win 10 pc had a button to 'refresh list', which the Win7 does not.

FWIW, checking my account on the web does list both PCs.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Madhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: listing all protected devices under Total Protection

Jump to solution

Hello @edstevens 

It takes sometime for the console to update the other new devices installed with McAfee. I would request you to update McAfee and also Verify Subscription on your Win-7 computer.

Please follow the below McAfee Article to update McAfee,

Update McAfee

To verify subscription, please follow the below steps,

- Right-click the McAfee M-shield icon next to your PC’s clock. If the McAfee icon is not visible, click the show more icons button.
- Click Verify Subscription.
- Click Yes if you are prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Wait for the process to complete.

Once everything is complete, please restart your computer. Open McAfee on your WIN-7 PC and check if it lists WIN-10 PC. Please give it some time to update and list the WIN-10 PC. Let us know if you still face the same issue after following all these steps.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Moderator Madhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @edstevens 

It takes sometime for the console to update the other new devices installed with McAfee. I would request you to update McAfee and also Verify Subscription on your Win-7 computer.

Please follow the below McAfee Article to update McAfee,

Update McAfee

To verify subscription, please follow the below steps,

- Right-click the McAfee M-shield icon next to your PC’s clock. If the McAfee icon is not visible, click the show more icons button.
- Click Verify Subscription.
- Click Yes if you are prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Wait for the process to complete.

Once everything is complete, please restart your computer. Open McAfee on your WIN-7 PC and check if it lists WIN-10 PC. Please give it some time to update and list the WIN-10 PC. Let us know if you still face the same issue after following all these steps.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

That fixed it.  THanks for the assistance.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community