cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full scan stops at 42%

I am on Windows10, logged on as administrator, quick scan runs complete with green check mark, but when I run a full scan it stops at 42%, even if I let it run for hours overnight.

Both Windows 10 and McAfee are fully updated.

How do I get this to run a full scan?

3 Replies
Allwyn_GI
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: full scan stops at 42%

Hi @jwpupecki,

Kindly, apologize for the late reply and the inconvenience caused. I would request you to  Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee as the new McAfee update might be causing the issue. After that please try running a Full Scan again and check if it works or not.

Let me know if the issue gets sorted out after performing all the above steps.

Also let us know if the scan stops at 42% again and at the same file while its scanning. Provide us again with screenshots. Thank you. 

Regards,

Allwyn I

HI @Allwyn_GI , I have uninstalled and reinstalled and after 2 hours it's still stuck at 42%. See attached screenshot, it does seem to be stuck on a different file this time than the screenshot I sent the other day but still can't seem to get past 42%.

What's next?

Allwyn_GI
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi @jwpupecki,

Thank you for the prompt response. Due to the nature of this issue. We have sent you private message. Kindly, check and response to it.

Regards,

Allwyn I

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community