cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complete scan taking 72+ hours

Jump to solution

I have Mc complete protection 2018 when i do a complete scan on my hp laptop it takes up to 72+ hours to complete seems to be even slower when i leave it on overnight the complete percentage stays the same. is this normal to take this long. or something i can do ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator GaneshR
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: complete scan taking 72+ hours

Jump to solution

Hi @a.e.s.fisher

The scan duration is depending upon the amount of data in machine. If the machine has huge data or multiple internal hard drives then McAfee needs more time to scan everything in the computer

2 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator GaneshR
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @a.e.s.fisher

The scan duration is depending upon the amount of data in machine. If the machine has huge data or multiple internal hard drives then McAfee needs more time to scan everything in the computer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information , it makes sense to me now. I've trusted Mcafee since day one when I installed it and will continue to trust it 

Thanks again

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community