Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Web Advisor not listed in UI.

I have Total Protection (Version 16.0; Release 16.0 R24).  I have WebAdvisor installed and enabled, and it appears in my list of Programs in my computer's Control Panel (currently as Version 4.1.1.92).  It is also listed as "ON" under my settings in the UI, yet it isn't listed under My Info>>About.  I was wondering why (or why not).

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Web Advisor not listed in UI.

hi @mrshvd3  you can see the version of Web advisor under my info>>about. scroll down the about tab to see the version installed,My Info>> About  tab will include all the versions of the features embedded in the application.

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 3 of 7

If you pay attention to my question, you will see that under "My Info>>About" is exactly where it is NOT listed.  And that is what I'm asking -- WebAdvisor is listed under Programs on my computer's Control Panel, and it is listed as "On" under my McAfee UI's Settings (the gear in the upper right-hand corner), but it does NOT appear under "My Info>>About".  If it doesn't need to be there, too (since it is installed and enabled), fine.  But it seems odd that everything else (Security Center, Virus Scan, Personal Firewall, etc.) is listed, but WebAdvisor isn't.  And I wondered why not.

Highlighted

@DQFanSurvey wrote:

If you pay attention to my question, you will see that under "My Info>>About" is exactly where it is NOT listed.  And that is what I'm asking -- WebAdvisor is listed under Programs on my computer's Control Panel, and it is listed as "On" under my McAfee UI's Settings (the gear in the upper right-hand corner), but it does NOT appear under "My Info>>About".  If it doesn't need to be there, too (since it is installed and enabled), fine.  But it seems odd that everything else (Security Center, Virus Scan, Personal Firewall, etc.) is listed, but WebAdvisor isn't.  And I wondered why not.

Good one. Thanks for sharing a nice piece of info.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

hello,

in the past i have encountered such aswell. i have done a reinstall back then and noticed that Webadvisor was not visible in the My Info..

have you tried a reinstall and using the MCPR tool before doing a new install ?

or doing a reinstall you could use this article;

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...

normal way i use myself is ;

1 in Windows programs and features in Control Panel to remove Webadvisor.and  Total Protection. when done reboot the computer

2 download and run MCPR the removal tool  to clean up most of the remaining fiiles and registry entries. (you can download from above page)

when done do again a reboot.

3. update Windows itself before doing a new install of mcafee and reboot.

4. download the new mcafee installer from your account and proceed with the new installation.

hopefully this will fix the issue for you

greetings

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 6 of 7

Hi, Cyberdude -- I truly appreciate the instructions you gave and in excellent detail!  What it told me is that what I've already tried was the right thing to do.  Unfortunately, no difference.  But I do know that the WebAdvisor is there and is working and is updated, so I guess that will have to suffice.

Again, I thank you for giving me (a sort-of semi-techie -- but not by much) excellent instructions.  Super Kudos to you for that!

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

hello,

thank you for your update.and kind words.

sorry to hear that it did not solve your issue.

there is however another possibility to try...........

McAfee does also have a so called pre install tool

it is described in step 3 in the link below;

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...

i would recommend to remove the browser Webadvisor addon in Chrome/Firefox this time first.

continue with the removal routine for Webadvisor and Total Protection in Windows as mentioned in my previous post and use the pre install tool this time also.

when the issue still is there you could also try to contact live support itself by chat or phone;

https://service.mcafee.com

in the middle of the page is on the right side a button to contact live support ect.

hope the pre install tool will solve the problem ofcourse............and you don't need the live support.

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community