cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vulnerability Scanner detects Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0:update_80

Jump to solution

The Total Protection Vulnerability Scanner is detecting Java Runtime Enviroment 1.7.0:update_80.  I do not have Java installed and do not want it updated.  That is the only option offered by the scanner.  How can I stop this false detection?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Vulnerability Scanner detects Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0:update_80

Jump to solution

The problem has been resolved.  I updated CyberPower PowerPanel Personal from version 2.1.2 to version 2.1.7 and the scanner no longer detects the older java version.  This software comes with an embedded java.  The new release of PPP now has openjdk 1.8.0_172.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberPower PowerPanel Personal\jre\bin>java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_172"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.30.0.1-win32) (build 1.8.0_172-b01)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.30.0.1-win32) (build 25.172-b01, mixed mode)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I believe Java comes pre-installed on all windows computers(I may be wrong here). Update McAfee and try running vul scan.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I ran the Total Protection and applied all updates.  It did find some and installed them although I do have automatic updates enabled.  Running the Vulnerability Scanner provided the same results.

Windows 10 does not come with Java pre-installed.  I might have had Java installed at some point but all versions of Java have been removed.  I even downloaded and ran the JavaUninstallTool, and it did not find Java installed.

Jump to solution

Hi @DansTheMan 

Please check if any java runtime environment present on control panel and remove if it is present.

After that run McAfee updates and check the issue. If still issue persist, reinstall McAfee (Follow KB: TS1101331 and TS100342)

Highlighted

Jump to solution

There are no Java entries in the control panel.

I tried installing McAfee updates and scanning again and get the same results.

I uninstalled all McAfee software, rebooted, ran the McAfee MCPR, rebooted, ran the McAfee Pre Install Tool, reinstalled McAfee Total Protection, installed all updates and ran the Vulnerability Scanner again and still get the same results.

I think I need to know what the vulnerability scanner is detecting so I can remove whatever it is erroneously detecting as Java.  The scanner does not show where it thinks the Java is installed.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

The problem has been resolved.  I updated CyberPower PowerPanel Personal from version 2.1.2 to version 2.1.7 and the scanner no longer detects the older java version.  This software comes with an embedded java.  The new release of PPP now has openjdk 1.8.0_172.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberPower PowerPanel Personal\jre\bin>java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_172"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.30.0.1-win32) (build 1.8.0_172-b01)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.30.0.1-win32) (build 25.172-b01, mixed mode)

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community