cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

VPN

Why when I turn on VPN (and only when it is on), can I not send emails? I use Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: VPN

Try reinstalling mcafee. That should fix the problem most of the time.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Hello @Drako 

You should be able to send and receive e-mails when VPN is turned On. Let us know if you use SafeConnect or McAfee VPN [Integrated with McAfee Livesafe or Total Protection] and if you have any issues in sending e-mails.

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

VPN came with and was installed recently with a new copy of McAfee Total Protection. I understood that Safe Connect is part of McAfee VPN so do not understand your question as to whether I use it or not.

As previously stated I can not send emails from MS Outlook when VPN is turned on. When I switch off VPN emails again go out as normal. My PC is 1 year old HP desktop and operates with Windows 10.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the information.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee,  turn On VPN and check if it works fine.

Also please let us know if you have McAfee Anti Spam enabled in Outlook. 

Regards,
Madhan M 

Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hello @Drako 

One of our McAfee user had the same kind of issue and it got fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee. As mentioned above, please uninstall and reinstall, it should fix the issue.

Below is another post with the same issue posted by @denj 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/SecurityCenter/installation-total-protection-failed/m-p/657741/highl...

Let us know if any further help needed.

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

Try to reinstall your vpn. It worked for me. Or you can change your vpn. I found the reliable one here https://veepn.com/. It doesn't cost much but provides a high level of security. I have been using it for a few months and it works well.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community