Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaf1s
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Total Protection disappeared from PC without warning

I had McAfee Total Protection on my PC running for at least a year now without any issues. But a few days ago I had to reset my windows 10, after which I reinstalled the software again. Today I found that McAfee is not present in the hidden icons tray and my windows defender anti virus has been switched on while the firewall still remains on McAfee, telling me to take actions for the same. But McAfee services are still running on my background(5-6 processes) as seen on my Task Manager. I tried uninstalling it from 'Apps and Features' it tells me that the 'mcuihost.exe' cannot be found inside C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC . I tried to install Total Protection by setup file but it fails at software check at 83%. I'm completely stuck without being able to install or uninstall Total Protection completely.

PS: I don't know if it's related but yesterday my computer told me to reactivate windows yesterday which was fixed by the troubleshooting icon. I'm running on windows 10 1803.

2 Replies
Highlighted
aaf1s
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Total Protection disappeared from PC without warning

Quick update I tried to install Total Protection again and it worked. Turns out I used the older setup file. I downloaded the one from my given link and it successfully installed. But I still can't figure out why it disappeared in the first place.

Re: Total Protection disappeared from PC without warning

Try running the McAfee's MVT program and see what it says. Post back the session id number and I will ping a mod to comment

MVT

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community