cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Total Protection Quickclean issue on 1 February 2020

I am running two completely identical Dynabook A55 PCs (Windows 10 Home 64 bit (10.0 Build 18362) that both run McAfee Total Protection.  At 8:30am GMT on 1 Feb 2020 I noticed the McAfee on PC 1 ran an update.  PC 1 ran QuickClean ( 18.3.173/18.3) fine both before and after this update.  This included a clean of Firefox tracks as that is the only browser I use.  Around 9:30am GMT on 1 Feb 2020, I turned on PC 2.  After a quick web browser, I opened Total Protection to run QuickClean.  When running, Quickclean was unable to proceed past the point where it cleans browsers.    Total Protection was not unresponsive but Quickclean never finished and pushing cancel did not stop Quickclean.  If I alter the Quickclean settings to bypass the cleaning of all web browsers it does complete successfully.  It is only when QuickClean looks at browser tracks does this "uncancellable" behavior occur.  I reinstalled Total Protection on PC 2 but the problem persists.  I compared the information in the About section of McAfee on both PCs.  Both run TP 16.0 (16.0.R23) and Quickclean 18.3.173 (18.3).  The sole difference I could see was that PC 1 (the one that works fine even when QuickCleaning browser tracks) had a McAfee install date of 12/12/2019 whereas PC 2 (the QuickClean issue PC) had a McAfee install date of 1/2/2020 since I reinstalled it.  Also, PC 2 had a version of WebAd of 4.1.1.52 (older?) than PC 1 which had a version of WebAd of 4.1.1.57.  That is not a typo. PC 2 (newly installed) was .52 and PC 1 was .57.  Comments would be most welcome.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Total Protection Quickclean issue on 1 February 2020

Hi @lotrfan 

We sent you a private message, please reply to it.

Regards,
Karthik K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community