cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Protection Issues

I don't recall the exact date when this all started but I do know that This "Issue" is becoming more frequent during This Month of March. 

McAfee_RealTimeIssue_jpeg.jpg  

The Date of This Screen Shot might be March 12, 2021 but I was NOT about to take a Screen Shot EVERYTIME This happens. 

So, what is the deal?  Not having enough "Resources" to keep YOUR Product up-to-date?  Is McAfee under "attack"? WHAT?!? it is getting really frustrating when doing something and THAT pops-up and It really causes "anxiety". 

6 Replies
Allwyn_GI
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Total Protection Issues

Hi @pcolafladwd,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please follow the following steps and let us know the outcome.

1. Kindly, check if you have any windows update. 
  2. Please uninstall McAfee using the below link - MCPR or from control panel and reinstall McAfee to check if the issue is occurring.
  3. Please provide us the Windows and McAfee version installed on the computer.

If the issue persists after uninstallation and reinstallation, please reply back to the same post.

Regards,

Allwyn I

@Allwyn_GI  

Uninstalling and then Re-installing is extremely flawed and Here is why:   

The Issue is Random and does not happen everytime I start My Desktop. 

Uninstalling would mean that I will not only loose ALL Updates' but will be VULNERABLE when trying to re-install because the last time I checked... You have to have Internet Connection for Installation and Updates. 

Operating System:   Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64-bit.  Updates' are checked daily.  Updates' are download and installed when They are available automatically. 

As for the Version of McAfee, Screen Shots' will show:  

coxss_26mar2021-about_jpeg.jpgcoxss_26mar2021-Updates_jpeg.jpg

Allwyn_GI
Message 4 of 7

Hi @pcolafladwd,

Due to the nature of this issue, I have sent you a personal message. Kindly, check and respond to it.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Magesh
Message 5 of 7

Hi @pcolafladwd 

Please perform  steps below and update us. 

Disable Access protection from the User interface

Force update McAfee

Check and delete for any 3rd party app traces from C:/program files /Program files X86/Program Data

check Host file if it is corrupted or not  from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Thanks,

@Allwyn_GI 

@Magesh 

Instructing Me to "perform" anything without any Illustrations/ Instructions on how to do Them is not very Professional nor not explaining on what They would accomplish or what Their purposes' are. 

- Regards, Doug 

@Allwyn_GI 

Done ( PM responded ).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community